The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Yes, there are. They were ordered a year ago.

Reality is a kick in the fork, but it's mid-July and there's no chance we're going to get a knife this year.
I'm pretty sure a 2020 Forum knife is a dead issue. I was only posting that to show club knives made. A year.... no idea.

Yeah, once the pandemic shut everything down I had a feeling 2020 was going to be a bust. Add that to the fact that no dealers have offered up their services willingly to take on the headache for $0.

I work in manufacturing and this pandemic creates extraordinary challenges. When it first ramped up, shipping became a nightmare. Planes were grounded, prices soared, etc. Daycares shut down and schools closed and a lot of people just flat couldn't get to work. And I'm not just talking in the plant, I mean people at businesses you rely on for keeping your business running.

Then the social distancing protocols and getting that sorted and trying to maintain distancing and such. Now, imagine if an employee tests positive. You might be down several employees who had contact with them as they are quarantined for an abundance of caution. Huge hit to productivity.

PPE might have been tough to get. Lots of manufacturing facilities use masks, Nitrile gloves, etc. Same stuff as medical personnel.

Now imagine if your business is taking significant hits to the bottom line and hours, or worse yet, people have to start getting cut. Yeah there's less work but those things take time to adapt to.

I don't know if any of this is happening at any of the shops I'm just saying there is a whole lot more to consider when thinking about manufacturing impacts.

I think it would be a Herculean accomplishment if any company could pull off a forum knife but I have to tell you, I just hope they all survive.

Last edited:
Many recent posters in this thread are very negative, and are stating the 2020 forum knife is dead, without even a hint of evidence or fact to support that opinion. When we do achieve a 2020 knife I hope the negative people will do the honorable thing and not participate.

Many recent posters in this thread are very negative, and are stating the 2020 forum knife is dead, without even a hint of evidence or fact to support that opinion. When we do achieve a 2020 knife I hope the negative people will do the honorable thing and not participate.
I only hope the flippers do not participate.

To be clear, I don't know if you're including me in that statement, but my post wasn't about being negative. It's about enhancing the appreciation for the challenges such an endeavor may require.

I also thought it might help explain why there hasn't been any talk about it yet. Manufacturers may just be highly focused right now on adapting and staying open.

When we do achieve a 2020 knife I hope the negative people will do the honorable thing and not participate.
Leaving more room for the hoards of people that will flood over here just to sway votes and purchase a very valuable knife on the cheap. At least the negative people are involved in the process rather than just waiting to cash in.

I don't care who makes the knife, but if it can be organized and I happen to like the knife then I'll buy it, I don't believe I'd be alone either;)

As I wrote much earlier, this exceptional year means, if the knife happens, it'll have to be a take it or leave it diktat- no polls, no puerile wanting to be on the winning side no bitching about anything at all. But it would be a triumph over this miserable disease & shutdown we've all been affected by. Now that's something more valuable than flipper bait :D:cool:

I only hope the flippers do not participate.
They will...they need a new knife to cut up all the toilet paper they hoarded and now can't use...
I keep seeing Bucks latest on instagram...so someones making knives....as has been said...we can not be over fussy...thats not to say quality will suffer....
Fingers crossed for a facilitator soon.

Leaving more room for the hoards of people that will flood over here just to sway votes and purchase a very valuable knife on the cheap.

If it's a Buck fixed blade, guess what group is on it's way. That's OK, they're experts. They voted D2 for a bushcraft/camp knife ... :rolleyes:

HEY!
ARE YOU TIRED OF THE ENDLESS DRONING AND BITCHING ABOUT SOMETHING NO BODY HAS CONTROL OF?
WHAT ABOUT THE ENDLESS HANDWRINGING AND CATERWAULING AS THE INEVITABLE SHADOW OF DEATH BEARS DOWN ?...I KNOW I AM!!
VIRTUAL PARLIAMENT
VIRTUAL GOVERNMENT
VIRTUAL PUBS
VIRTUAL CHURCH
VIRTUAL BUSINESS MEETINGS
VIRTUAL SCHOOLS
VIRTUAL 2020 FORUM KNIFE
I MEAN WHATEVVER WILL THEY THInk ...of....naiirrkst..? hey...just a second....
I ve had another of my brilliant ideas...
For the last 14 years or so weve participated in the creation of a very real thing...10 years for me ON A VIRTUAL PORCH!!!....So why now are we quaking in our boots....about virtuality? Heres the idea:
A virtual porch knife...its so beautifully simple..but forget that...we can poll and snark and huff and puff and blow the porch down later...wanna hear the best bit?
YOU GET-
THE KNIFE YOU WANT!
THE KNIFE YOU CHOOSE!
THE KNIFE YOU BUY!
You have until December 20 2020 to post your knife pic and reasons for your decision.
We then proceed to the polling which consists of the one with the most likes becomes the official but virtual 2020 porch knife....
I dont care much for the label "genius"...but if the incredibly large hat fits....

Back