The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, don't see the point in a SAK or Mora, no real personality or ID as a Forum Knife it would just have an engraving on it, poor.:thumbsdown:

But nothing wrong with a budget type knife, why not ask Bear to make a single blade of some sort, wood or micarta? Could be OK?

I'd like a small fixed, a Bird & Trout type from Buck or what @CelloDan showed, a Grohmann :cool:

Last year's knife, made in the face of great adversity, is a big favourite of mine: superbly finished, peerless cutter, looks wonderful and is made for the hand, rather than hand-made;) So an Italian knife from say Fox would be really worthwhile, all hinges on @knifeswapper being able and once again willing to marshall it- and we should not keep on expecting that.

Sorry no offence but a Bear and sons is just not quite there, it's at the Frost cutlery side of the dividing line. I agree a SAK or Mora is not terribly exciting but you know you will get a quality sharp knife that does its job well. I would really really love a GEC but want to also support decent alternatives that others suggest.

Thought I’d have to beef up my post count, looks like that’s covered. Been trying to figure out the forum knife situation for a minute. I’d be happy if I’m able to participate

I’d love to see a GEC #15, #77, or even #83 lockback in dyed camel bone but that’s probably wishful thinking.

Thanks Harry I made an account a while back but never could get the hang of the forum. Still trying to figure out how to add an avatar lol.

I’m trying to figure out how to add a profile pic too lol. After I saw the post in the GECC Fb group about a potential new forum knife I realized it’s time to start being active here too, why not haha.

This looks great! I’m looking forward to one of these, I like the idea of the red bone but I like most all of the covers I see.

News from GEC!! Bill has made us an offer!! I think it also previews a knife he will make later in the year! Tell me what you think!!View attachment 1541829
Bump to page 40.
Charlie, how locked in is Bill to the blade type? An antique styled spear would be great.
This single bladed knife will keep us in the realm of affordability!
In the realm of affordability....

You’re a good, and kind man, sir!

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund Terdl76 Terdl76 Jack Black Jack Black Imagine this DE Cattle knife spear blade on the barlow.....

BLuGRkA.jpg

That looks awesome! I really like the bolsters and saw-cut bone would be sweet. I’m not really into standard clip blades like that, but I don’t have any so I don’t really know. Maybe once I get it in hand I’ll find out I like them. I’m willing to give it a try for sure. Thanks to Charlie and Barry for taking this on. :thumbsup:

That profile clip blade makes about as good a cutter as any blade out there. You get a very pointy tip for fine tasks, the belly is positioned naturally to melt into whatever you want to slice. It really is effective.

I'm definitely in for a couple. An 86 clip point barlow will be a great pattern. A little surprised he's revisiting the pattern so soon but I can't complain!

GEC used to run the same pattern twice in a year sometimes in earlier years! Different production numbers and goals than what they have right now, but still. Looking at their history, it isn't too strange. Especially when the runs were very popular and the knives were very good, they'd run more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back