The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This single bladed knife will keep us in the realm of affordability!
If we be Men of valour and honour, intelligence and style...the World is our Grapefruit ...with caramelised sugar on top.

I detect Enthusiasm!!:)
Bill asked me to report back if any of you are interested!!:rolleyes:
Damn yer Eyes Sir! I was about to signal the Porchenberg Admiralty that our voyage was dooomed...Not so it would seem Mr Waynorth!
ENNNN THHYOOOZZEEE AZZAMMM AAHOOOYYYOH!!!....
ALLLL HANDS ON DECK!
BEAT TO QUARTERS...We have 'er in us sights now Lads..
Steady as she goes now.... we'll not lose this one to any tide of misfortune.
'
We need at least one or two polls, even if it’s just to elect meako meako to write a sea shanty for the tube and to vote on whether this will be a left handed or right handed knife.
I feel the freshening breeze
The sting of the salt water
On my face
As she cuts more deep through seas.
If ye be men of courage
Then have no doubt or fear
Beyond the storm horizon
There be a Porch knife for this year.

Great news! Count me in!

I'd love to have a few things to vote on - just for the fun of it (perhaps handle color, long pull vs nail nick, smooth bone vs sawcut) but am still quite pleased with the mock up as is - and won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

How about Hemlock Green sawcut bone?:)
Now yer talkin'

@waynorth Charlie great news Cheers Mate.
@gunstockjack ..this just in from Porchenberg Harbour ...Barry...Immediate bestowal of The Order Of The Osprey ! for conspicuous meritorial services to The Community of Porchenberg above and beyond that of a normal human being.

Sensational!!
@waynorth @gunstockjack ..I love your work....Cheers!!

As someone who’s done the forum knife before, I know we usually end up with a few no shows or extra on hand. But I feel like this should be a limit of one knife per user.
Either way, very excited to see how this all plays out.

SzaYYCX.jpg

This (kinda) as a Barlow would be so fly!

I feel the freshening breeze
The sting of the salt water
On my face
As she cuts more deep through seas.
If ye be men of courage
Then have no doubt or fear
Beyond the storm horizon
There be a Porch knife for this year.
Your talent and creativity are incredible and have my vote to add whatever verbiage that is to be on the BF knife tube:thumbsup:

That profile clip blade makes about as good a cutter as any blade out there. You get a very pointy tip for fine tasks, the belly is positioned naturally to melt into whatever you want to slice. It really is effective.
That sounds good. I’ll look forward to trying it out. I think my problem is that when I was a kid growing up and being exposed to pocket knives, every cheap knife seemed to have a similar, broad clip blade. So I’ve always just thought they seemed generic, and I’ve never really gotten into them. I have a lot more spear blades, which is actually, probably far more generic than a clip.:DMaybe this knife will change my mind. I do see a lot of nice looking clip blade pictures on the forums.

Agreed! A spear of any type would really set this off. Not that a clip wouldn’t be great, but I feel like the forum knife should stand alone and with all the clip 86’s already out there, why not seize the opportunity?

I agree. Single clip would be cool but going with the spear would set it apart and make a great BF knife

An 86 Barlow would be right in my wheelhouse, I’m definitely in for at least one! Thank you for all of your hard work gentlemen!

As someone who’s done the forum knife before, I know we usually end up with a few no shows or extra on hand. But I feel like this should be a limit of one knife per user.
Either way, very excited to see how this all plays out.
I've also done the Forum knife before;) and every year have bought 2. Why do you feel this year should be a limit of 1?
With that said, I understand there comes a point where we can only get so many made. There has already been mention of others announcing on FB and such. Maybe offer it to members who were here before the announcement? Just thinking out loud here and I'm good with whatever the people in charge decide to do.:thumbsup:

I've also done the Forum knife before;) and every year have bought 2. Why do you feel this year should be a limit of 1?
With that said, I understand there comes a point where we can only get so many made. There has already been mention of others announcing on FB and such. Maybe offer it to members who were here before the announcement? Just thinking out loud here and I'm good with whatever the people in charge decide to do.:thumbsup:

Yeah, in my eyes (which I know these eyes aren't in charge haha, just my opinion), why would this be announced on a different site like facebook at all? This is for the Blade Forums community, not people involved in other communities to come only be involved to get a knife.

An 86 with a clip or spear would be great, in my opinion. I'd be in for at least one, probably two, depending on BF restrictions.

Thanks again, Charlie!

Yeah, in my eyes (which I know these eyes aren't in charge haha, just my opinion), why would this be announced on a different site like facebook at all? This is for the Blade Forums community, not people involved in other communities to come only be involved to get a knife.
Believe it or not, some of us are on BF and also FB. In fact, we have a group dedicated specifically to GEC knives where we discuss all things GEC. For sure, this knife came up in discussion.
If the rules this time are similar to past years, only members who have been a here for a few months will be allowed to order a BF knife. So there really shouldn't be anything to get concerned about :thumbsup:

This is even more then I was hoping for. You can count me in for 2 :). Congratulations everybody were on our way the game is afoot.:D Thank you Charlie / Bill / Barry.

Just for the record; I am in for one! I prefer a clip blade but I wouldn't mind a spearpoint either.
I am waiting for the thread that tells me how to go about securing one of these for myself.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back