The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the freshening breeze
The sting of the salt water
On my face
As she cuts more deep through seas.
If ye be men of courage
Then have no doubt or fear
Beyond the storm horizon
There be a Porch knife for this year.

This is pretty neat-o!

I think we need to keep this photo closer to current for viewing .

Thank you, good idea. Let's not go down the rabbit hole of mucking this up with requests to change things. Let's not push our luck.. can we just go with it as is. I mean c'mon, sawcut bone barlow with rattail fluted pinched bolster.. Someone put some thought into making this amazing already.

I feel there was some extra stress last year around the horn covers as no one knew what was in the box.

I think they were all good but there were some that were gooder.

Any natural material scales would need to be something very consistent.

This is true. While nice looking and unique, there were some that had more pleasing examples than others.

I also found out that Rams horn scales don’t appreciate going through the hot washing machine. Mine warped significantly.

They came out clean though. :D

I’m in for one. Thanks Charlie and Bill for making this happen. I’m excited for the process to start.

Please count me in for at least one and preferably two and thank you Charlie and Bill.

I passed on the Oilfield Jack, but I would definitely sign up for this one. Big, solid folder for everyday use. I like it! Thanks to Charlie for exploring this possibility for us!

@waynorth @gunstockjack Bill Howard

Thank you Charlie, Barry & Bill for undertaking this Forum Knife project...... The three of you have forgotten more about knives than 98% of the porch will ever know..... So with that said I have no wishes for the knife...... Your concept drawing looks great..... So full speed ahead with your vision......Oh, did I mention that pulls drive some people over the brink?.... A nice 6 or 7 maybe?..... Oh, and a pointy tip; no blunt Caselike tips.......... And flush springs in open & closed......... See you in 8 weeks in Titusville......

I am in as well, and as usual -

Thanks to all for making this move forward in 2021 -

best regards

mqqn

Thank you, good idea. Let's not go down the rabbit hole of mucking this up with requests to change things. Let's not push our luck.. can we just go with it as is. I mean c'mon, sawcut bone barlow with rattail fluted pinched bolster.. Someone put some thought into making this amazing already.
I agree. It's PERFECT the way it is.

I mean, maybe it would be nice if the covers were premium stag or sawcut wood.

But otherwise, it's perfect.

And, actually, I would really prefer a wharncliffe. Can we do that, instead?
Stainless steel would be a nice change of pace. Whaddayathink?
Also, it would be really cool if it had a secondary blade. We really should do that!
And 86 is a nice platform, but been there done that. How cool would a 47 or 48 be?

:p:p:p:p:p

Or maybe we could just stick with the plan, huh?

Thanks, Charlie, Barry & Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back