The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The die was pretty much cast at post #'s 438/448 some 3 weeks ago....... Everyone was giving Charlie high 5's....... To now want to change course is unbelievable....... Let's get behind what has been started and push it to completion....... Next year the pundits can volunteer to spearhead the 2022 Forum Knife....

Just for the record; I am in for one! I prefer a clip blade but I wouldn't mind a spearpoint either.
I am waiting for the thread that tells me how to go about securing one of these for myself.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

With GEC’s latest Knives being spear point I wouldn’t doubt if the BF knife is Spearpoint as well but I sure wouldn’t mind a nice cool clip point! I too am wondering he we’d go about ordering one. Just going to continue enjoy the forum and keeping an eye on this thread for more information

Judging from all of the "I'm ins", and a record number of "Likes" for this thread (over 150 while I slept!!), I'd say we must keep this ball rolling!!
I'm not sure when I will have more info, but I will always post here without delay!! Bill does not like nagging!! And I don't blame him!!
Please be patient, and we will put this all together, with any choices if possible.
At this point I can only see the handle choice as a variable, The blade and bolster are pretty well fixed options (oxymoron there!), and certainly respectable !! Thanks for all the enthusiasm!!
I will do my best to make sure every regular contributor to "Traditionals" has a chance to get one. Porch members are a priority!!
Most certainly in for one!!!

With GEC’s latest Knives being spear point I wouldn’t doubt if the BF knife is Spearpoint as well but I sure wouldn’t mind a nice cool clip point! I too am wondering he we’d go about ordering one. Just going to continue enjoy the forum and keeping an eye on this thread for more information

My real concern is if I will be eligible to buy one. I only have a bit over 3600 posts and that is nothing compared to some folks here. With the demand going through the rook the powers to be may require a post count higher that what I have.

OK, I want it to be known that the above was written in jest. I have absolutely no idea what if any requirements will be instituted. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
My real concern is if I will be eligible to buy one. I only have a bit over 3600 posts and that is nothing compared to some folks here. With the demand going through the rook the powers to be may require a post count higher that what I have.
Yeah, I doubt I’d be eligible in that case but I’m enjoying the forum nevertheless and would be super cool if id be able to get one and add it to the collection. If not, it’s not the end of the world as I’m grateful for my current collection and maybe I’ll be more eligible for one the next time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I doubt I’d be eligible in that case but I’m enjoying the forum nevertheless and would be super cool if id be able to get one and add it to the collection. If not it’s not the end of the world as I’m grateful for my current collection and maybe I’ll be more eligible for the next time.

I guess it was not obvious, I wrote my post in jest. I only believe 50% of what I write or say. You should probably believe even less.
I have no idea what if any requirements will be put in place to buy a forum knife.
I am just having a bit of fun. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Since I am on the topic of the proposed Forum knife I think what Bill Howard sent to us as what he is willing to do for us is fine as is. With GEC not doing SFO runs any longer I think we are very fortunate that he is willing to entertain the idea. I will be happy with whatever he decides on a cover material, shield, blade shape and so on.

For the record this was not written in jest.

Since I am on the topic of the proposed Forum knife I think what Bill Howard sent to us as what he is willing to do for us is fine as is. With GEC not doing SFO runs any longer I think we are very fortunate that he is willing to entertain the idea. I will be happy with whatever he decides on a cover material, shield, blade shape and so on.
Yes. ^^^ this... 10000000%
It's a last shot at getting something made just for us.

I guess it was not obvious, I wrote my post in jest. I only believe 50% of what I write or say. You should probably believe even less.
I have no idea what if any requirements will be put in place to buy a forum knife.
No offense taken here! I’m here to have fun and talk about my favorite hobby with like minded individuals otherwise it wouldn’t be worth it with any extra baggage! Most certainly wouldn’t want to get a forum knife over someone more eligible than me and ruffle any feathers.

In case you were addressing me, I want to clarify that I wasn't offended or referring to your post at all. I think some people over the past day have been advocating to exclude newcomers or other groups of members to their own advantage on this--in other words, being selfish--and perhaps pretending it's something nobler than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back