The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@r8shell nor do I....;):D Nor do I understand all the chatter about knife opening styles either..;) makes me think we should go the fixed route after all :D Ah wait a minute, which side do you wear it on...which hand(s) do you use??? Which leg do you put in your trousers first?:cool:

JMow85E.jpg

Word of the forum knife is spreading far and wide, every knife enthusiast is crawling outta the woodwork to try and get one, GEC might not be able to keep up with the demand for it... hope we don't blow it and Bill backs out. :(

I wouldn’t have thunk it, but I just had an easier time one handing my ‘19 forum knife open than my 97.

@Pàdruig is way batter at it than me, I’ll admit.

Powerful!

I mentioned the mockup to the leadership of Allegheny Mountain Knife Collectors Association, and suggested looking into it as a possible club knife this year if it could be tacked onto the run.

Interesting, though seems a bit odd to have two distinctly different groups asking for the exact same knife, no???

Wes (from the club) got back to me and said that Bill seemed surprised to hear I knew about the mockup

Who is meant by the I, is it the Leadership member, or you.

and up in the air about the knife... so not sure what to make of that.

Who, is up in the air over the knife?

I emailed Bill with an unrelated question I had and mentioned I saw it on the GECC facebook group via here.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The longer these annual knives go on, the weirder these things seem to get, and with such limited options of MFGs capable or willing, it feels like this thing has drifted totally sideways from where it used to be... last years knife did not have a one star stamp, or a stamped blade tang at all... Maybe that was our sign, sometimes you just got to put some things to rest. This one would be an epic swan song, just sayin'...

Because it's fun to debate something silly that nobody takes serious (or personal) for a change. ;)

I’m told a little silly keeps you young.

I love how getting a GEC forum knife might have to be clandestine. I’ve always wanted to say, “I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you”. I’d say those are appropriate stakes for the proposed 86.

7F3C154D-0DD8-4457-B514-F5A3DE385246.jpeg Caught up on this thread yesterday finally! Another 86 would be great and a clip to boot!
Put me in the Osage camp :D

Had to break this guy out for a picture. I don’t think I’ve ever shared one as it sees very little time away from the safe.

Never seen a left hand pull before, I assume theyre pretty rare?

As best as I can figure it out it is a a 735109 LHL Antique Black Jigged Bone . That is a 73 with a Drop Point Blade , Left Handed and Liner Lock made in 2009 . There were 32 made like this with 11 in Mexican Bocote and 15 in Rosewood and none of the 58 Serialized . @btb01 has the only other one that I can remember ever being posted and he showed very well earlier . I traded a 77 Northfield Barlow to @Half/Stop Ron in 2017 for mine . It is a fine knife in the hand .

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back