The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard GEC are about to release a new range aimed exclusively at the Flipping cartel...calling it the Eagles Nest Range...the scales are to be solid 100 Dollar bill paper micarta....

you could put a quippy one-liner as a blade etch... like...
“Franklin, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

*joke only works if you know Benjamin adorns the $100 US Bill. Edit... also if your familiar with “gone with the wind”.

wait... Bill... something is cooking here... some kind of pun... I can’t grasp it...

Better than white bone whatever the bony iteration sawcut or not ... Mother of Pearl ... maybe
Since it's not going to have a handle shield anyway
... nah ... too fancy and doesn't photograph well and things I guess

calling it the Eagles Nest Range
This is what awaits those trying to steal and plunder from the Eagles Nest.:mad::mad::mad::D.
EubCWND.jpg

you could put a quippy one-liner as a blade etch... like...
“Franklin, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

*joke only works if you know Benjamin adorns the $100 US Bill. Edit... also if your familiar with “gone with the wind”.

wait... Bill... something is cooking here... some kind of pun... I can’t grasp it...

My immeduate thought was Franklin Mint...purveyors of ultimate quality flipflop.

This is what awaits those trying to steal and plunder from the Eagles Nest.:mad::mad::mad::D.
EubCWND.jpg
Wedgie? :thumbsup:

I like Mother of Pearl.

O.B.
Well, Mother of Pearl sounds like it might compliment the Blade Forums GEC 861219 Barehead Sailors Rope Knife.
Keeping the nautical thing going in the #86. Definitely would take bolsters on both ends though I would think.
Also don't think it's in the plans ... or maybe even should be.

Last edited:
Anything new and scandalous today?

Yeah, I heard from an insider that GEC has already finished the FK run, they've dropped and in 3 seconds the entire batch was sold out to people who've overbought, had 18 cousins who were getting married at the same time but then the brides/grooms flaked, and were catching and releasing but at 5 x the rate. So it's off to Poo-Bay mateys to scoop one up or knock on the back door of Unscrupulousknives.com who magically had access to a stash but 3.5 x retail y'understand for loyalty...;):rolleyes::D:eek:

FOMA is a Real Thing :) too late mate!

I like Mother of Pearl.

O.B.
My first ever knife was a little slipjoint with MOP and silver inlays, inherited from some previous generation. I was 10 at the time. I'd love to have a tale of having treasured it as a heirloom but I'm afraid my last memory of it was using it as a sodbuster, literally, with the tip already snapped off. :( If I could kick myself for stuff I did as a kid I'd need the foot of a mountain....

What are everyone's thoughts on handle thickness? As comfortable as I find the 2019 BF 86, I tend to favor carrying flatter/thinner knives that disappear in the pocket. Bone saw cut with a nice distal taper is on my wish list.

93 vs 86 comparison
HcqSTUB.jpg

While the standard run might be thicker than the 93, im guessing its the sabre grind blade that added the bulk of it.

Yeah, I heard from an insider that GEC has already finished the FK run, they've dropped and in 3 seconds the entire batch was sold out to people who've overbought, had 18 cousins who were getting married at the same time but then the brides/grooms flaked, and were catching and releasing but at 5 x the rate. So it's off to Poo-Bay mateys to scoop one up or knock on the back door of Unscrupulousknives.com who magically had access to a stash but 3.5 x retail y'understand for loyalty...;):rolleyes::D:eek:

FOMA is a Real Thing :) too late mate!
Got hold of a whittler when released. Had a big forced laugh when asked at least $39+ (or $57+ for USPS priority mail).

Someone lost the plot... or maybe not. a057.gif

Gotta say this continues to surprise. We have a tradition of selecting a knife pattern and features by vote, within manufacturer’s limitations, and I don’t think this year is any different
While what you said is true, I’m just happy GEC has agreed to take this on at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back