The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see either smooth bone in natural or autumn gold, or a nice sawcut bone in dark red.

I don't buy knives with animal-derived scales, excluding naturally-shed antler, so I vote wood (if we're ruling out synthetics) or micarta (my first choice if synthetics are an option, because I love its character, durability, and resistance to shrinkage). I'm pretty neutral on finishing options, although jigged wood is something I've always wanted to try and I love how GEC does theirs. :cool:

If we land on bone/horn/etc. I won't be able to buy a knife, but I'll cheer the project along from the sidelines just like I did last year after ram's horn won out -- and look forward to everyone's photos later on in the year. :):thumbsup:
I draw the line at Ivory. Someone said Ivory Bone and I had to read it twice just to make sure LOL. I don't care if it's pre-ban Ivory or not. Doesn't mean it's pre-poacher. I care too much about and have too much respect for Elephants, Walrus and where else Ivory comes from. Now fossilized Ivory is a whole 'nother deal.

Last edited:
+1 for bone from me. Sawcut is best, jigged and smooth are good too. Don't have anything with the rope pattern, it's pretty interesting! For patterns on bone I think colors are best--blue, red, green, amber, etc. Smooth looks great in just about every color + natural/black.

Love soup bone for this knife. Especially in a deep red

Pretty much my dream knife.

I know it probably won't be all that popular of an idea, but I think it would be kind of cool to have this knife done in stainless since the blade is plenty large enough for minor food prep. Maybe not all that feasible either, but then again, GEC did just use shake the dust off their 440C for the fruit knife. I'm getting ahead of myself though.

Sawcut please...
1490301324_51_4.jpg

Black does look good! Egg Harbor Black like this one has only been done once

fEB2MYp.jpg

But people posting pics of sawcut bone need to remember that GEC has done it a lot of times already. A lot of times. It doesn’t always come off.

Pretty sure this is callico bone - would look pretty good sawcut

Da2SIzA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back