The unofficial Redmeadow Knives Ulu knife thread.

View attachment 1529003
Speaking for most of us, the traditional Inuit Ulu whale deblubbering knife holds a particular fascination. A traditional knife with historical significance, a handmade, (forged Damascus) tribute variant would likely be well received. What say you, fellow whale skinners, who's in?

This gives me an idea, my head knife blade works so well I think I might redesign the handle to be more like an Ulu. I think it would give a much firmer and more secure grip.

IMG_3655.jpeg

I totally thought this thread had died an ignominious death, then remembered, Walrus Tusk for the win. Walrus tusk Ulu's for the common folk; custom Oosic handles for the pros...

Hand selected lots at a premium...

walrus-herd.jpg

The loser of a give away would have to be told “ULU-se!” I crack myself up. Would this be designed with a regular knife handle or the traditional ulu handle?

It's April, mid April in fact, and the mailman came again, only it wasn't a male man, it was a female (I din't ask how she, or he, or it, self identified, as that's not me business - but it, she, did look a lot like a female, with boobs, and long hair, a smile, and what I'll assume was a tight ass; but I digress), so anyway, the mail came, and I rushed right down there to see that tight ass, I mean, to get the daily mail, tight ass and all, hoping beyond all hope at this point...

Hoping, wistfully, for my RMK Ulu (the other RMK), but, alas, there was no Ulu, and to boot, I missed the potential of seeing a tight ass. Downhearted, there was no ass (tight or otherwise), and no Ulu to be seen. All in all, I've had better days, but my hopes are still up. There may well be a tight ass, a Ulu, or a tight-ass Ulu on the horizon. Or not. One can only hope... o_O

U-LUse!! I crack myself up.
Actually, now that you mention it, I'm rethinking the whole Ulu idea now. If we can work in some lashing holes, a spear-mount might be a good option too. Keep crackin', you're on a roll. :thumbsup:

Something like this, but mounted on a detachable spear shaft. You could keep the Ulu head on your belt until needed, use the spear shaft as a walking stick, and if you come up on a polar bear you could quickly assemble it and chuck it at the bear!

68F4694F-83CF-4129-9F1F-EBF90D0758B2.jpeg

I seen this the other day, cover photo of Stock Removal Knife making. It reminds me a little bit of the replaceable blade I made for my Tandy industrial knife.Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.17.57 AM.jpeg

'Sackly, see, that's what I'm talking about! A forged stock-removal RMK Ulu throwing knave with a detachable handle for when you're going fishing in the woods in polar bear country; perfect!

Back