The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

Being the "hawk" that I have recently been described as...couldn't help myself when I saw this one pop up tonight in a late night drop :)
WsMwVx3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you guys getting new 12s love your knives. It's one of my favorite GEC patterns:

My #12 Powderhorn Jack is my most often carried GEC:
7NecdE7.jpg

I love my two #12 Toothpick versions as well, with the slimmer clip:
NMFrobX.jpg

NTs90i1.jpg
Sweet knives, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I REALLY like the 2-blade large toothpicks I have (Imperial USA clip/pen and Chinese Buck clip/spey), and admire the GEC Powderhorn, although if I had my druthers, I'd like it even better with the slimmer clip.
toothpick.grapetom.jpg
toothpick.big.mark.open.jpg

- GT

I bought two GEC#12 Tidioute aqua camel bone knives this weekend. I want to buy some navy blue leather dye on EBAY and pop one. If GEC won't make one blue , I'll do it myself.
Good luck Kenny navy blue will look great. Please post photos when you are done :):thumbsup:

Quick pics of my Aqua camel that arrived today. It's my first experience with a toothpick pattern. Ergos are pretty great. Fit and finish on this one are top notch. Perfect centering, perfect flush backspacer.

I was worried about getting a lightly colored one, but the coloring on this is deep with nice variation. Overall very impressed.

20190513_203632-1209x1612.jpg 20190513_203559-1209x1612.jpg

Quick pics of my Aqua camel that arrived today. It's my first experience with a toothpick pattern. Ergos are pretty great. Fit and finish on this one are top notch. Perfect centering, perfect flush backspacer.

I was worried about getting a lightly colored one, but the coloring on this is deep with nice variation. Overall very impressed.

View attachment 1128009 View attachment 1128008
Very nice :):thumbsup:

I got my Aqua Bone in and I am very, very pleased with how the color turned out on mine. Not overly uniform, still nice and dark with lots and lots of depth to it. I really couldn't be happier with it.

In regards to the rest of the knife: This one will need a good flushing. Unlike the Che Chen, this one lacks good snap. Pull is about the same but it is a bit spongy when opening and closing. I expect a good flushing will remedy that in short order. I definitely prefer the polish on this one and the Hounds Tooth is such an excellent choice of shield.

A handsome, elegant blade.

I7JL0xM.jpg

F5PDku2.jpg

6k0VHh9.jpg

Got a pair in today...ended up with one extra so I can pick between the two :)

This one I grabbed from a drop...it has a pretty nice balance of colors maybe a little more white on the pile side.
GEC_12_aqua_TPK_01.JPG
GEC_12_aqua_TPK_02.JPG

This one I asked the dealer for something "more blue than white"...love it :)
GEC_12_aqua_Franks_01.JPG
GEC_12_aqua_Franks_02.JPG

I think the green camel bone would have looked nice too...but I am really pleased with how the aqua turned out. Tidioute FTW :thumbsup:

Back