The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

Really enjoying this knife so far. GEC did great work on the #12.

IYfo9It.jpg

Really enjoying this knife so far. GEC did great work on the #12.

IYfo9It.jpg
These DLT #12s were kinda sleepers in my opinion. I didn't give them a lot of thought on the production schedule, but sometimes things come together in ways that you (or at least I) can't anticipate. The lines of the pattern, the jigging, the color, the shield...for some reason they all fell together so well--an outstanding SFO! I think these are my favorite to date.

Last edited:
I agree about the DLT SFO. A beautiful version. I really like the Oak Leaf shield which has become DLT's calling card. I could do without the blade etch, but that's just a personal preference.

Before
nsbigcX.jpg

After
rb8rE5d.jpg

When it comes to dyeing, Camel Bone is kinda like a box of chocolates...
I like it better than the original...you have some darker and lighter contrasts now as opposed to white and light aqua. It looks like how I envision Navy blue camel bone. Interesting they would put that one out there since it barely had any aqua on the show side.

Some wonderful pictures of the blue bone. I was not that impressed with sone of the early pictures I saw so I opted for the rosewood (which is lovely); think now that I should have gone for the bone! Can I justify a second one? Really tempted.

Before
nsbigcX.jpg

After
rb8rE5d.jpg

When it comes to dyeing, Camel Bone is kinda like a box of chocolates...

Looks good man! Did you strip it first? And what color dye did you use?

I received a surprisingly poor dye job on mine as well, so I’ll probably be changing the color.

Really like the pattern and the ergos.
The blade shape is much more appealing in person than I thought it’d be. It’s also a little thicker than I imagined, more so than a 38 whittler I have.

Looks good man! Did you strip it first? And what color dye did you use?

I received a surprisingly poor dye job on mine as well, so I’ll probably be changing the color.

Really like the pattern and the ergos.
The blade shape is much more appealing in person than I thought it’d be. It’s also a little thicker than I imagined, more so than a 38 whittler I have.
Just knocked the shine off with some micron paper. It was mostly just natural camel bone color. Used Blue Denim RIT... twice for about 15 min each time. Checked frequently. Could've gone darker, but I decided to leave it be. Can always dye again.

Got my #12 SFO Toothpick knife from Frank today. I like it a lot. Great fit and finish, blade centered just right, and snap is perfect. This is my first Toothpick from GEC. I like the size of this knife.....feels really good in the hand.

Oh BTW, in the box with the knife was a surprise. Frank sent me this nice display! It has 2 magnified pins to hold the knife in place. It works perfectly. Thanks a lot Frank!
Larry
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back