1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Mar 18, 2019.

1. waverave

waverave Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Lovely colors on that one...the show side is almost like cat's eye very nice :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Would be hard for me to throw it in the pocket :)

TX Traditional likes this.
  2. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    First peek at some of the stag...
    IMG_8350.jpg

Onearmbladenut, Behr95, meako and 2 others like this.
  3. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    meako likes this.
  4. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Unfortunately I bet that's the rough fit, they will grind away the stag to level off at the bolsters. I wish GEC would take more time to fit the stag, leaving more intact.

5. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    Really enjoying this knife so far. GEC did great work on the #12.

[​IMG]

6. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    This run has been fantastic! Your SFO turned out great and I envision it will even look better after some pocket time :)

meako and [email protected] like this.
  7. OzzPrime

OzzPrime Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Opened mine up today. Loving the color. This strikes me as a lightsaber among blasters: a more elegant weapon for a more civilized age...

upload_2019-5-17_19-17-11.jpeg

upload_2019-5-17_19-17-28.jpeg

Attached Files:

8. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Not my favorite patten but I really like this knife, GEC quality just keeps getting better and better.

IMG_0327.jpg IMG_0329.jpg IMG_0331.jpg

9. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Just in a couple of tooth picks from GEC I think they did a great job image.jpg image.jpg

10. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    These DLT #12s were kinda sleepers in my opinion. I didn't give them a lot of thought on the production schedule, but sometimes things come together in ways that you (or at least I) can't anticipate. The lines of the pattern, the jigging, the color, the shield...for some reason they all fell together so well--an outstanding SFO! I think these are my favorite to date.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    dispatch184 and meako like this.
  11. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    I agree about the DLT SFO. A beautiful version. I really like the Oak Leaf shield which has become DLT's calling card. I could do without the blade etch, but that's just a personal preference.

12. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

When it comes to dyeing, Camel Bone is kinda like a box of chocolates...

13. waverave

Jun 7, 2018
    I like it better than the original...you have some darker and lighter contrasts now as opposed to white and light aqua. It looks like how I envision Navy blue camel bone. Interesting they would put that one out there since it barely had any aqua on the show side.

MerryMadMonk and TX Traditional like this.
  14. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Some wonderful pictures of the blue bone. I was not that impressed with sone of the early pictures I saw so I opted for the rosewood (which is lovely); think now that I should have gone for the bone! Can I justify a second one? Really tempted.

Cutfinger likes this.
  15. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I purchased this one in November of 2009. deadskunk001.jpg

16. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Looks good man! Did you strip it first? And what color dye did you use?

I received a surprisingly poor dye job on mine as well, so I’ll probably be changing the color.

Really like the pattern and the ergos.
    The blade shape is much more appealing in person than I thought it’d be. It’s also a little thicker than I imagined, more so than a 38 whittler I have.

17. MerryMadMonk

May 22, 2011
    Just knocked the shine off with some micron paper. It was mostly just natural camel bone color. Used Blue Denim RIT... twice for about 15 min each time. Checked frequently. Could've gone darker, but I decided to leave it be. Can always dye again.

Fodderwing and mb> like this.
  18. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    The contrast in aqua coloring.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  19. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
  20. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Got my #12 SFO Toothpick knife from Frank today. I like it a lot. Great fit and finish, blade centered just right, and snap is perfect. This is my first Toothpick from GEC. I like the size of this knife.....feels really good in the hand.

Oh BTW, in the box with the knife was a surprise. Frank sent me this nice display! It has 2 magnified pins to hold the knife in place. It works perfectly. Thanks a lot Frank!
    Larry
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg