The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

Thanks Darren! I even bookmarked your database...totally slipped my mind, but greatly appreciate you doing the query. Looks like slightly older, bit obscure runs, may have to chase down a Case model since they may be a bit more prevalent/affordable.
Yeah based on the quantities made of those I would say you are correct :) I don't think I've ever seen one of the purple materials I need to find some photos. I'll bet that purple camel bone is pretty sweet!

I haven't had purple but I sure have had pink...

This is also an example why camel bone is far from my favorite material. The dye is NEVER consistent.

PqF5fLI.jpg

SfPWFCi.jpg

This is also an example why camel bone is far from my favorite material. The dye is NEVER consistent.

PqF5fLI.jpg

SfPWFCi.jpg
:eek::eek::eek: it seems like a material that can have a lot of variation for sure...when done right it looks great but you are right I have seen a lot that just didn't take as well.

This is the only one that I can remember that actually looks purple color. Most of the ones with purple in the name.....are not very purple.
You have to remember how odd GECs naming of jigging and color are.
eBua2L4.jpg
I think that is the only one with "violet" in the name too :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, appreciate the wealth of knowledge always on display here and apologize for the slight derailment of the toothpick thread.

Thanks, Mark, that's the one I remembered. None of the purple sages were purple at all.
No they weren't, were they, Jeff? They seemed very dark, almost black. :thumbsup:

I think that is the only one with "violet" in the name too :thumbsup:
Thanks for checking, Darren.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, appreciate the wealth of knowledge always on display here and apologize for the slight derailment of the toothpick thread.
Same here.:)

PqF5fLI.jpg

SfPWFCi.jpg
Nice knife! The dye issue in terms of constancy is okay with smooth camel bone, but on jigged bone I find that I want a pretty consistent dye on them. With Case knives especially, you see a lot of variation on the same knife from side to side which I don't find pleasing. With stag, I expect that the scales won't match perfectly.

When reserves were opened up, I passed on the Northfields because typically, NF muskrat clips lack long pulls. Come to find out, they are doing long pulls on them. Add that to pony cut bone, and it seems now I'm going to have to scrounge around and find one.

When reserves were opened up, I passed on the Northfields because typically, NF muskrat clips lack long pulls. Come to find out, they are doing long pulls on them. Add that to pony cut bone, and it seems now I'm going to have to scrounge around and find one.
You shouldn't have any problem finding one. I don't see these as a pattern that is going to fly off the shelf and they are making 450 each :thumbsup:

Edit - looks like regular clip blades to me so I would get one reserved if you can :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reach out if you need help reserving or finding one - darren.orrell@gmail.com

Last edited:
I expect these No.12's to go very quickly and disappear into collector drawers and users pockets. This is a very practical everyday knife.
You are probably right especially considering the blades they are using for the NF.
I guess I would be surprised if the Tidioutes went fast though...who knows.

Back