The upcoming, anticipated, way-too-excited GEC 85's Thread!

A favorite.

3FjSwup.jpg

I’ve never owned an 85 before but I’m excited for these. I really hope I’m able to find a micarta.

I must admit it’s a great pattern. :)
View attachment 1511344
I prefer my 85s with 2 blades. But I have to admit, those salmon acrylic 85s are probably the best single-blade 85s GEC has ever made. The acrylic is just wonderful; the tulip shield jives with the soft wavy acrylic AND the lines of the 85 frame. They are to die for.

C'est la Vie. The pronunciation is something like "Say la Vee".

Dan.
:D
I needed some Chuck Berry this morning :thumbsup:
I purposely was butchering the pronunciation in an light hearted attempt to cause a chuckle in some of our French speaking members. The French seem proud of their language, and I have no hope of pronouncing any of it correctly. So I make light hearted jokes to cover my own incompetence. Unfortunately many Americans have a negative view of the French, much of which seems to stem from WW2. Most don't understand if America had been next door to Germany in 1940 we'd been rolled up pretty darned quick too. But MY understanding of history and appreciation for France goes back further than that. On the 4th of July when America celebrates our independence, we SHOULD say "Vive la France".o_O :thumbsup:

:D
I needed some Chuck Berry this morning :thumbsup:
I purposely was butchering the pronunciation in an light hearted attempt to cause a chuckle in some of our French speaking members. The French seem proud of their language, and I have no hope of pronouncing any of it correctly. So I make light hearted jokes to cover my own incompetence. Unfortunately many Americans have a negative view of the French, much of which seems to stem from WW2. Most don't understand if America had been next door to Germany in 1940 we'd been rolled up pretty darned quick too. But MY understanding of history and appreciation for France goes back further than that. On the 4th of July when America celebrates our independence, we SHOULD say "Vive la France".o_O :thumbsup:

Back