The Villager Utility Knife arrived last night

Good Morning all.

My VUK arrived last night via USPS. I unboxed it this morning and am very pleased with the quality, fit and finish of the knife. It is not the first Kukri or Kukri like object I have owned, but by far the best made.

It arrived without a sheath, which looking back at the forum, is not a surprise as it was pictured without one.

Of special note, for me at least, is the pommel. Many of the pommels Kukri I have tried to use are pointy and when I snap my wrist forward, they jab into the bottom of my hand. The pommel on this one is very rounded. I showed a closeup in the last photo.

Does anyone know where I can buy or order a sheath? I need one that can stand up to deployed field use.

Thanks,

Thunder 55.

nKCY27k.jpg
b17VFMh.jpg
[/IMG]
WqmI5rW.jpg

bRDCFxT.jpg

ntVJbqm.jpg

b17VFMh.jpg

Yeah, the VUK's generally don't come with a sheath unless Yangdu happens to have a sheath that fits well. Many of us have rounded off those pommels a bit for the very reason you mention.

You might send a message to Pugs here on the forum, he's a wizard at leather sheaths and makes some really nice stuff. If he's not to busy with other stuff and life.

Great post and pix, thank you for sharing

Have you considered Kydex for a sheath? Its basically heat formed plastic, but it works great for field use. Perfect IMHO for a VUK. This is an old link, but if you scan down there are some pics. There certainly are some folks on the forum who can make some fine things from Kydex. Pugs as noted above, is an amazing artist. I am lucky enough to have one of his leather sheaths.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/anyone-here-with-a-kydex-touch.1587602/#post-18138591

Kydex would work. I reached out just now, so if I get a bite I'll let everyone know. If I can get a good sheath, I'll order at least one more of the VUKs - naturally my son already tried to shark mine.

Ha! Watch your siblings and even wives (if you got more than one?...not sayin i do ya know). They tend to like them VUKS for some reason. Next they will want the shiny ones so be prepared for that. I I second the Pugs sheath. Hes makes a fantastic looking bombproof pair of pants you can be proud to wear at any Sunday go to meetin event! Enjoy!

Back