The "Whatever" Thread

This thread seems to get the most traffic so I'm going to post this here.

A couple weeks ago someone posted a photo of one of Johns knives and a very active member with ~15,000 posts asked who the maker was.

Then this post happened:

And I am just discovering JK Knives. Other than buying, what can we do to help John.

This got me thinking. When John was getting enough orders that he had to build a website and the popularity of his knives was on the up-swing, we weren't content to just come to his subforum to talk about them. A good number of us were active in the Wilderness/Survival subforums and a few others. The posts in W&SS are what brough JK to my attention.

I know. I just ordered my first one so I haven't exactly bolstered his business financially but I can change that.

So, does anyone else think we could do a better job of spreading the word?

There were 4 coyotes in our side yard, outside the kids' bathroom window, this evening while they (the kids, not the coyotes) were brushing their teeth getting ready for bed.

After informing the kids to continue getting ready for bed, which the immediately ignored, I went to the basement to retrieve an appropriate ballistic applicator.

I then found out that none of the screens on our windows open (design flaw on the part of somebody whom obviously never anticipated the need to shoot out the windows). So, fearing the "blowback" of shooting through the screens, I made the tactical mistake of taking the rifle (or more accurately the scope) from it's comfortable, cool, humidity controlled environment out the basement door into the hot, humid KY evening and fogged the scope into uselessness.

Oh well, the coyotes live another day and I learn I need to remove the screens from a few strategic windows.

This thread seems to get the most traffic so I'm going to post this here.

A couple weeks ago someone posted a photo of one of Johns knives and a very active member with ~15,000 posts asked who the maker was.

Then this post happened:

This got me thinking. When John was getting enough orders that he had to build a website and the popularity of his knives was on the up-swing, we weren't content to just come to his subforum to talk about them. A good number of us were active in the Wilderness/Survival subforums and a few others. The posts in W&SS are what brough JK to my attention.

I know. I just ordered my first one so I haven't exactly bolstered his business financially but I can change that.

So, does anyone else think we could do a better job of spreading the word?
I'm wondering what I can do to get this forum "lively" again, and get orders coming in, and I'm at a loss for ideas, so any help will be appreciated.

I've made threads or posted about my JK muddy camp. I have two more on order and they will be shown off in every corner of bladeforums!
ETA: two more JK's, not muddy camps

I'll see if I can kick up some dust for you, John. I need to get some more pics of my Bluegill and Sparky out there on BF. I'm sure a lot of your customers post in photo-based (ie "Whatcha totin'") threads, and I'm sure that pictures featuring your knives or paired with sub-forum specific knives wouldn't hurt to bring more views to your corner of the world.

Whatcha say, JK Supporters? Got a Boy Scout/Stockman/Jack/Barlow knife and a JK blade? There's multiple photo threads in the Traditional sub-forum that you could post in! Micarta handled fixed blades go well with modern G10/Titanium flippers, I'm sure "General" would love to see your combos!

Bored and sitting in a hospital room for 48 hours. Just looked through about 3 years worth of threads so far this morning! Ordered some bars of O1 to play with when I'm done "moving in" to the new house. Still have to polish up my wharncliffe from class and show it off! That's number one on my to do list.

Attachments

• IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 4
Thanks John. Long story short my girlfriend has a complicated chronic illness linked to her father being exposed to agent orange in Vietnam. Over the last four years she's taken 6 or 7 trips to the hospital. Some are more serious than others. This one is pretty minor thankfully. It's mighty convenient that she checked in here the day before moving day! Just kidding of course, she can't wait to get out and see our new home. I bought it without her ever seeing the place.

Back