The "Whatever" Thread

That's great that they are both doing well, and able to see each other. They look happy and healthy, that's awesome.

Thanks for posting this, it brightened my day!

hey all, we have a spot open in the JK Fantasy FOotball League if anyone wants to join us this year, here's: the link to this years forum thread for details: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/jk-ffl-2017-edition.1511400/

The league is hosted on ESPN: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=441224

If anyone wants to play but hasn't done any fantasy football this year let me know I'm happy to answer my questions/offer advice you may want or need.

It costs $25 to enter, the deadline for the fee is flexible and we donate a portion of it to JK knives (our sponsor :)) so you're helping out the forum, I'll work with you if the cost is prohibitive as well. We're looking to have fun more than anything else so it's not about the money but there are cash prizes for different finishes.

Thank's everyone,

Peter

I have been in the inkling stages of considering a higher end sharpening system......you guys don't make the resistance any easier.

;^)

best

mqqn

Sorry Andy, I will make sure not to post any pictures of the ones I spent a lot of time on then!

Went home at lunch to pick up my new (first) JK knife. Now it's hanging out with me at the office. Unfortunately actual work keeps getting in the way of me admiring this beauty. I need to think odd a name for this kephart/mud turtle creation. Even though is kep blade and MT handle I think the name Mudhart might just work.

Since this is the whatever thread I'm looking for some advice. I am putting a 40-42" fire pit in my backyard and I am trying to come up with a budget friendly lid option for it. What say you backyard Macgyvers? I have many ideas but I believe I am overthinking it.

A lid for what purpose?
And what kind of pit... meaning stones, cinder blocks, bricks, steel ring or just dirt?

More info, must have more info.
Pics wouldn't hurt either.;)

For an eco friendly lid you could comb the neighborhood for aluminum cans and flatten em and rivet enough together to cover the pit.:thumbsup::cool::p:D

I've spotted a few coyotes at the park in past wanderings and finally got a couple of pics this morning as I was leaving.
rUbySXt.jpg

3ZbYOJT.jpg

And of course there were snakes, always snakes.
7siiVda.jpg

This one's from Saturday's wandering.
f0SyfLf.jpg

And apples, nasty apples.
ZN2GmTL.jpg

And black berries in abundance.
kiqNlVZ.jpg

I was feeling pretty good when I left there so I decided to check out another park with a beach on Puget Sound and got a few pics of a Heron.
0W2Yzpv.jpg

dm4vyej.jpg

fl5C6h5.jpg

And Puget Sound looking north.
QE0VySm.jpg

And south.
KMinMKU.jpg

It was nice sitting on a log for a while and listening to the waves lapping at the shore.:)

Coyote? Looks like a chupacabra to me. Damn thing has a pretty severe case of mange.

I love the pics you post from your walks, by the way. Over a series of vacations, my wife and I fell in love with the Puget Sound area.

Back