The "Whatever" Thread

Some music for the "whatever" thread to keep Pete entertained.

[video=youtube_share;4Qrjtr_uFac]http://youtu.be/4Qrjtr_uFac[/video]

[video=youtube_share;zZ5gCGJorKk]http://youtu.be/zZ5gCGJorKk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;ycxD_nZAusk]http://youtu.be/ycxD_nZAusk[/video]

thanks, it's okay though, i have to take breaks to feed, bath, and dress the kids so my eyes get a break now and then :)

I could use one of those heaters in my tree stand this weekend:D

Ha! speaking of which, rifle season starts in VT this weekend. i finally got a chance to scout a couple days this weekend (my mom's been "sick" which has eaten into my woods time). my buddy said he saw a rub at a place we typically use for other hunting. i ended up spending several hours out there Monday after spending several hours on the other side of the swamp Saturday. i was suprised how much land was really back there. don't get me wrong, it's not much, but it's more than i thought.

i am guessing this is the rub that my buddy saw
10830078983_567f1b5eeb_c.jpg

a field runs into the woods, down a hill and into a swamp. good spot. i walked around for awhile, as i said, and i tracked him way back into the swamp. i don't think a lot of other hunters would go back there, so i was pleased with what i saw.
10829813456_a0b29fd631_c.jpg

pretty fresh. snd the tracks were quite fresh. in fact, he was probably watching me. :eek:

this angle shows where i'm at. i went through the swamp and this is actually only about 50 yds of grass and trees away from the shores of lake champlain.
10829919174_c3caa53451_c.jpg

it's a cool spot. it will be windy and cold, but that doesn't bother me. i got the gear. i will still need to decide whether i am going to do first day here or meet my buddy in his hometown about an hour south of me.

congrats on getting some work Myke.

Last edited:
Thanks Todd.
That's a nice area you have to hunt in,wish I could join you out there.
When you find a rub on the tree behind the rub in pic 2 it's time to get really excited.

Thanks Todd.
That's a nice area you have to hunt in,wish I could join you out there.
When you find a rub on the tree behind the rub in pic 2 it's time to get really excited.

it's funny, i was thinking after, that i probably walked about a mile in an hour-and-a-half. i take it real slow. and, i still almost missed it!

and, if you ever want to take a field trip, then you have a place to stay. the door's open buddy. :thumbup:

it's funny, i was thinking after, that i probably walked about a mile in an hour-and-a-half. i take it real slow. and, i still almost missed it!

and, if you ever want to take a field trip, then you have a place to stay. the door's open buddy. :thumb up:
Slow is the way to go when hunting.:thumb up:

As to the field trip..it sure would be nice,I've never been to the North east,thanks for the offer.
The doors open over hear too as long as you like army cots.:eek:

Slow is the way to go when hunting.:thumb up:

As to the field trip..it sure would be nice,I've never been to the North east,thanks for the offer.
The doors open over hear too as long as you like army cots.:eek:

Hmmm....I hear they have some pretty good skiing out that way! :D

And, i'm excited. and, this seems like the thread to post my emotions in. :rolleyes:

i have been looking for my first handgun for about a year. I found it on Monday at my local gun shop....a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp edition. the pricetag was a real good one, but i am not an impulse buyer. i have decided i will be hard-pressed to find it cheaper, and i didn't want this one to disappear. so, i just snuck out to the shop and put it on layaway. it's used but in great condition. i'm pretty excited.

http://www.ruger.com/products/gp100DE/models.html

That's a beauty of a Ruger!

looks good to me (which means nothing, I know, but still, wanted to chat :))
that gave me a chuckle. thanks!

and thanks guys. pretty psyched. now, i just need to pay for the rest of it. :rolleyes:

but, i am happy it didn't disappear on me. i'll post pics once i get it.

Nice GP Todd.
I kinda wish mine had a shorter barrel,but I wanted the most powder burn I could get so went with the 6".

Stoke that sucker with 180 gr. flat nose rounds & take a deer with it.(as long as it's close in that is)
I always wanted to take a deer with one of my hand guns.
I had one in the sights of my GP a few years ago,but he didn't have the 3 point minimum needed,really bummed me out,but it was still a thrill.

I had a GP100 with Goncalo Alves wood inlay - it was a sweet shooter, and I thought it was a classic looking wheel gun.

It was the only gun I ever sold, and I regretted it later....and today.......

Nice pickup - Shoot safe and shoot often!

best

mqqn

thanks guys. and Andy, i took your advice and attended the NRA Basic Pistol course. thanks for the suggestion. dude had like 35 guns available to fondle and shoot.

I think your choice was perfect, I`m a believer if you can only have one handgun, make it a 3"-4" .357. As a matter of fact, back in the late 70`s, the only one I owned was a 4" S&W Model 13, a fixed sight .357. I uses it for everything, from groundhogs out to 50 yards, using 125 grain .357 hollowpoints, to squirrel, using full wadcutter .38 target loads, it would punch a neat hole, no expansion. Andy said it best, shoot safe and often!

Nice looking rubs, good luck this weekend TPVT! Congrats on the new sidearm as well, Ruger makes great guns, especially their wheel guns.

I think your choice was perfect, I`m a believer if you can only have one handgun, make it a 3"-4" .357. As a matter of fact, back in the late 70`s, the only one I owned was a 4" S&W Model 13, a fixed sight .357. I uses it for everything, from groundhogs out to 50 yards, using 125 grain .357 hollowpoints, to squirrel, using full wadcutter .38 target loads, it would punch a neat hole, no expansion. Andy said it best, shoot safe and often!

The 13 was the other gun i was looking for, but they are also tough to find in person.

Nice looking rubs, good luck this weekend TPVT! Congrats on the new sidearm as well, Ruger makes great guns, especially their wheel guns.
thanks! good luck to you, as well.

Back