The "Whatever" Thread

There are several services out there that transport rescue dogs across the country. They find people who are willing to drive different legs of the trip. My mother-in-law has done this driving between Alabama and Texas. I'm not sure of the name of the company, though. Helps broaden the search, for sure.

Thanks Shawn. This time of year I am keeping my search within a two hour drive but this service may help out a bit. I will look into it.

What are you all doing for new years eve? My son is with his buddies at a party. He will sleep there overnight. The wife and I had an early supper at Texas Roadhouse (they make good burgers!), now we're just doing the old married couple routine. Hopefully I can stay awake until midnight, LOL.

Made a couple tbones, asparagus, and poured some wine. Probably going to watch the New York countdown and then be asleep by 11:03.

Just put our sick daughter down in her crib. Hoping that she can get some semblance of rest tonight- with the fireworks and cough and all, it's not likely. Gave the doggie his dope to keep him from barking at said fireworks; thus keeping him from waking up the girl. Wife and I are going to have a tipple or two to maintain sanity and wish away this stressful, pain-in-the-ass year.

Thanks, John. She actually slept better than I expected last night, and when she woke up her temp was down. Hopefully, 2018 will start with her fever being gone for good. She's still got a nasty cough, though.

Just chilled at home with the wife and watched some episodes of "Godless" on Netflix. Actually managed to stay up past midnight.

Thanks Shawn. This time of year I am keeping my search within a two hour drive but this service may help out a bit. I will look into it.

have you tried petfinder.com?
lets you search all the shelters & rescues within the parameters you define.
you can even select pet age (baby, young, adult, senior) and breed (which is frequently incorrect)

Okay guys if one of you had a hand in the engineering design of the battery area of the 2005 Silverado I challenge you to a duel.o_O

-11 right now without the wind chill. Taking Connie to work in a few minutes (don't want her walking from the end of the lot in this cold), then out to the shop.

Stay warm up there, John!

It is 6 here. Trying to talk myself into going for a hike. So far, I am not convinced.:D

It’s 27 out here in Denver. Barely any snow so far this year. It’ll be here soon enough. Crazy weather. Stay warm everyone dealing with the Arctic blast.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe through this cold spell. I think the highest I saw on the thermometer at work today was 23. Weather advisory over the next couple of days for wind chill reaching -20°F, I'm ready for spring.

Back