The "Whatever" Thread

John i have a question? What is with all of these crazy super steels people have to have. I literally sat at the fire last night with my buddies fancy knife in m4. And another in s7 and yet another in o1. All i noticed were the s7 and m4 were harder to sharpen. And of course i beat the snot out of my tracker. But its 1095 and i beat it every day.

John i have a question? What is with all of these crazy super steels people have to have. I literally sat at the fire last night with my buddies fancy knife in m4. And another in s7 and yet another in o1. All i noticed were the s7 and m4 were harder to sharpen. And of course i beat the snot out of my tracker. But its 1095 and i beat it every day.
People want the "latest greatest" steel. I prefer tried and true steel, I know it will do what I want.

People want the "latest greatest" steel. I prefer tried and true steel, I know it will do what I want.
Thats what i thought. Im not a fam of whats in style. My wife says i like old timey leather trinckets that were cool in the 1800s

Just got off the phone with my youngest daughter. Some dumbass tried to break into her house last night. I guess he didn't notice the Blue Lives Matter flag on the porch. She opened the door with her pistol in hand, (she's a police officer), and her German Shepherd almost took his arm off. They held him until the county sheriff arrived.

Good for her!!! Also hope his arm is cut up bad.

We got robbed a couple years ago and its not a good feeling at all.

Just got off the phone with my youngest daughter. Some dumbass tried to break into her house last night. I guess he didn't notice the Blue Lives Matter flag on the porch. She opened the door with her pistol in hand, (she's a police officer), and her German Shepherd almost took his arm off. They held him until the county sheriff arrived.
I'm glad the lowlife didn't get into the house and she was prepared for such an incident.

On a side note..I have cancer.:eek:

Relax, it was a mole in my sideburn that popped up a few months ago and since I was seeing a dermatologist to get some cysts removed from my back I had him look at the mole and cut it off for analysis.
He says it is pre cancerous and we found it early.
The underlying tumor will be removed Monday morning.
Now I'm gonna have a sideburn with a bald patch from the scar.:mad:
Better than cancer though.:thumbsup::D

Glad she was on point, John. I have answered my door with a pistol on a couple occasions.

Mykel - I had one on my forehead - the doc told me it was probably from me getting so much sun there on my motorcycles over the years. My Dad has been having them pop up on him too, he'll be 80 this year.

Better a bald spot than the alternative!

I had recently been noticing some issues with my eyes, so I went in for an eye exam - the first one in 15-17 years. Turns out I have pigmentary glaucoma, and permanent vision loss in both eyes. I was a little distraught over the discovery, since I'll have this for the rest of my life. However, it is treatable with drops, which I also will be using the rest of my life as long as I don't want my vision to continue to degrade.

It's hell getting old I tell 'ya.

best

mqqn

Glad she was on point, John. I have answered my door with a pistol on a couple occasions.

Mykel - I had one on my forehead - the doc told me it was probably from me getting so much sun there on my motorcycles over the years. My Dad has been having them pop up on him too, he'll be 80 this year.

I had recently been noticing some issues with my eyes, so I went in for an eye exam - the first one in 15-17 years. Turns out I have pigmentary glaucoma, and permanent vision loss in both eyes. I was a little distraught over the discovery, since I'll have this for the rest of my life. However, it is treatable with drops, which I also will be using the rest of my life as long as I don't want my vision to continue to degrade.

best

mqqn
At least the bald spot on the side of my head will match the one on top.:rolleyes:

I'm glad the drops will stave off the degradation Andy!:thumbsup::)

On a side note..I have cancer.:eek:

Relax, it was a mole in my sideburn that popped up a few months ago and since I was seeing a dermatologist to get some cysts removed from my back I had him look at the mole and cut it off for analysis.
He says it is pre cancerous and we found it early.
The underlying tumor will be removed Monday morning.
Glad you caught it early!

best

mqqn
Glad that it's easily treatable.

Glad to know you found it early and it is treatable:thumbsup: When asked about the scar you can brag about being a cancer survivor. I have a barely noticeable scar on my face I have to lie about when asked. Can't have people thinking I used to drink too much and cavort with loose women:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back