The "Whatever" Thread

I can't seem to find what counties they are talking about, but my wife is from Southern Illinois and I bet they are down in that area, they do like their firearms!

I went to visit my sister again this weekend.
We went down to the creek and had a good time wandering around.
This is all that's left of an old home site down by the creek.
gUcpGfa.jpg

Buddy, Sis' Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix had a blast playing in the creek.
4581tIB.jpg

Jim Creek.
hIDRwwj.jpg

n9sm7xK.jpg

TP5NdJS.jpg

There were plenty of skipping rocks and I proved to myself I still had the touch.
Poor buddy wanted to chase the skippers, but he doesn't like the deep water.(haha)
BOCxMyc.jpg

We met another cute n furry critter running around the rocks.
WoqokZG.jpg

Found the fossilized remains of Pac Man down there too.
NgoBrWy.jpg

Back at Sis' homesite we were stalked by a ferocious black panther. (named Baby Kitty)
5b1MgaH.jpg

The Barn Swallows were zooming all over eating bugs and looking for nesting sites.
gJkLLfJ.jpg

And a good time was had by all.......

Great pics Myke. Our German Shorthair will run and swim chasing skipped rocks til she's wore out. She'll whine like a baby when we make her take a break then run to the edge of the water and bark in a manner that can best be described as obnoxious.
The remains of PacMan could be a major find!

Neither of our GSPs chase rocks, balls, frisbees, etc. Put a rabbit, deer, squirrel or bird in front of them and they’re gone.

Neither of our GSPs chase rocks, balls, frisbees, etc. Put a rabbit, deer, squirrel or bird in front of them and they’re gone.
If I throw a ball or frisbee mine looks at me like "good throw now what?" She will chase birds on the beach for miles if I don't use my whistle soon enough. Deer and rabbits don't excite her too much. She'll half heartedly give chase then turn around. I worked with her some hunting squirrels and have shot a few with her at the tree. She will run to the dead squirrel and point but not pick it up no matter how hard I try to make her.

These are great Myke - good eye for detail and you seem to have the talent/gift for stealth.
A very useful quality in the woods :thumbsup:

Just barely anything in blossom around here - forsythia trying to make a go of it but the blossoms are sparse and timid yellow.
Only 44° this AM and fog has settled in. No sign of the fox or the deer, though I know they are out there ;)

Ray

These are great Myke - good eye for detail and you seem to have the talent/gift for stealth.
A very useful quality in the woods :thumbsup:

Just barely anything in blossom around here - forsythia trying to make a go of it but the blossoms are sparse and timid yellow.
Only 44° this AM and fog has settled in. No sign of the fox or the deer, though I know they are out there ;)

Ray
Thanks Ray. The stealthiness is ingrained since stalking critters with my Crossman 760 as a yute and deer hunting with bow and rifle later on.
Now days I just wander around snapping pics of whatever piques my interest.:)

Hope everyone is enjoying time with their Mom or Wife today. My Mom has been gone since I was 15, and Connie is sleeping, so pretty quiet here.

Congratulations, Simplejack!! You certainly earned every bit of those and more.

I was in Las Vegas last week at the NDA Team Dart tournament. During the week I took Maggie out and we found a butterfly sanctuary out at the Nevada State Museum and arboretum. Cool place. I only had my cell phone, but I was able to get a shot or two that I cropped and printed for the "moms" in the family.
Here is one of the pictures - I printed these at 8x10 and framed them. I find that the ladies like colorful shots to hang in the guest bedroom etc., so this fit the bill. (I corrected the shadow on the butterfly's face for the printed shot - this one is just cropped...)
Screenshot_20180510-174403.png

Happy Mother's Day to all the women that put up with our knife habits....

best

mqqn

Back