The "Whatever" Thread

great pics Myke! you sure know how to use that phone camera lol. Mine always look like a 3 year old took them lol.

Glenn sorry for your losses sir.

Our Morel season sucked here. Too cold for too long. They just didn't pop this year. I think I found 12 maybe.

I've been driving myself crazy, I've been researching supplemental Medicare insurance in all my spare time, time to take a break for a few days.

Would something like the Medishare I have been hearing about be worth looking into? Or AARP?

Hope you had a successful trip:thumbsup: We let the weatherman talk us out of our plans to hunt mushrooms then drive to a flea market. The forecast was 80% chance of heavy rain with thunderstorms and flash flooding all day. It started raining here about an hour ago:rolleyes:.... I'm committed to mushrooms tomorrow so I'm sure there will be storms.

Today is Connie's day off, so we are going to check out a new gun shop, range, and training facility in Monee, about 20 minutes from us.

I'm happy to see more gun shops and ranges open in Illinois.

They recently opened one just 11 miles from me in Naperville. https://shootpointblank.com/

It's still very busy at peak times and the staff is busy with tire kickers so don't go with a lot of questions. Bring your patience patents. The line for a lane was 10 or 12 people deep on the weekday that I stopped there. I imagine the lines on Saturday would be like Disneyland.

I'm happy to see more gun shops and ranges open in Illinois.

They recently opened one just 11 miles from me in Naperville. https://shootpointblank.com/

It's still very busy at peak times and the staff is busy with tire kickers so don't go with a lot of questions. Bring your patience patents. The line for a lane was 10 or 12 people deep on the weekday that I stopped there. I imagine the lines on Saturday would be like Disneyland.
This is a nice facility! I went with my girl a couple weeks after they opened and we were both very happy with the equipment, lighting, ventilation, etc...

The gun shop we checked out was not overly impressive, only about 30 guns and some accessories (I was told they are slowly expanding), but the training facilities were impressive. Very nice classroom, with a separate area set up like an old diner with booths for breaks or just sitting around talking.
The range is a trailer purchased from a government agency. It has 3 lanes and can be set up for different scenarios for advanced training classes.

Busy weekend. Started with a tour of the Coors Brewery up in Golden, CO.
eoFgu8U.jpg

MD6zbZ2.jpg

WPBXBu9.jpg

Then an afternoon at the CO Gun Collectors Association’s annual gun show. 1100 tables of revolvers, levers, and bolts. The closest things to modern ‘assault’ rifles were: a Gatling gun, a Thompson machine gun and plenty of M1’s & M1A’s. Sorry no pics allowed. Pretty overwhelming. The Tulsa show with 4500 tables must be mind blowing.

Ended the day with prepping some beef short ribs for marinating.
jjeBlQl.jpg

Overtime season is in full swing for me now. Not sure that’s a good thing but it’ll pay for my next JK.

Back