The "Whatever" Thread

Congratulations to the Boss!!

Glad to hear they are recognizing her.

best

mqqn

Looks like he is having fun! It’s been too hot to do much of anything outside here.

Ordered micarta, and kydex today. I can’t believe how much prices have gone up since I ordered last time.

My sister and I took a hike down to the creek today.
First hike since the move.
I was so happy I took off my boots and socks, rolled up my pant legs, and waded on into the creek.
The trip over the rocky bank from the log I sat on to remove boots/socks to the creek was interesting due to the nerve pain in my feetsies, but I made it unscathed and was rewarded with a sandy bottom and a nice cool soak. Ahhhh.
Check out the grin...
I can't remember the last time I voluntarily waded in a creek.
and never mind the white legs.
hKcmfmK.jpg

Hurley meets Jim.
g1OO6Sa.jpg

Up crick looking down crick.
fzcuPRF.jpg

I saw a bunch of little fishies swimming around the pools so it stands to reason (hopefully) their parents must have been hiding in the shadows along the banks.
Next trip down I'll bring my little 5' Ugly Stick and some spinners and flies. (if I can find the flies)

These next pics are from last Sunday when Sis and I drove the Mountain Loop Highway.
It was very scenic with plenty of pullout spots for picture taking.
2cSVLW7.jpg

qcXCMNs.jpg

This spot here is right on a bend of the road and while I was positioning for this shot out the passenger window my sis spots a bear across the road and up a little ways. (she has a pic but hasn't sent it to me yet):(
It must have been from this year's batch because it was small.
nRTYciR.jpg

These pics are from the south side of the loop.
Big Four Mountain here.
Named for a figure 4 seen in the melting snow fields at the time.
There is an ice cave that forms each year from melt waters running under the snow at the base, but we can't go in any more due to ice chunks falling inside the cave and killing people.
You can see the snow at the base left of center. It sits in shadow for most of the day.
I went inside back in the 90s and wasn't impressed too much as it was constantly dripping on us.
nd7O68H.jpg

And the view opposite Big Four from the parking lot.
OuWTs7W.jpg

T6715te.jpg

How are the walking sticks working out for you?
Can't hike without 'em. (for long)
They have been such a game changer for me I love 'em.

You can't really call a knife your own until it bites you. Well, I guess I can officially claim my Pocket Chef as my own! Damn that tip is pointy and sharp!

20180719_170659.jpg
Yup, it's yours and you're it's.

Took my dogs out yesterday afternoon around 3. Sneezed and threw my back out. Went in, laid down, and woke up this morning at 4 feeling fine. It’s a bitch getting old!

I hear that! I was diagnosed with Glaucoma earlier this year when I started noticing that I couldn't see cells in spreadsheets in some parts of my vision. Long story short - two kinds of eye drops daily and a laser surgery and the pressure in the eyes is reduced to normal levels. Bottom line, I will never get rid of the blind spots (nerve damage) but it should not get worse.

Always make scheduled visits to your doctor and the ophthalmologist - it's important to find things early.

On the other hand, when I started having the eye problems, I also scheduled a full physical through work (my company offers free physicals annually after you are 50 years old). The MD told me he wanted me to lose 60 lbs as I was a porky 284 pounds. That was just over 4 months ago, and now I am down to 240, lifting weights again, and feeling much better than I have in years.

It is still heck getting old though.

best

mqqn

I hear that! I was diagnosed with Glaucoma earlier this year when I started noticing that I couldn't see cells in spreadsheets in some parts of my vision. Long story short - two kinds of eye drops daily and a laser surgery and the pressure in the eyes is reduced to normal levels. Bottom line, I will never get rid of the blind spots (nerve damage) but it should not get worse.

Always make scheduled visits to your doctor and the ophthalmologist - it's important to find things early.

On the other hand, when I started having the eye problems, I also scheduled a full physical through work (my company offers free physicals annually after you are 50 years old). The MD told me he wanted me to lose 60 lbs as I was a porky 284 pounds. That was just over 4 months ago, and now I am down to 240, lifting weights again, and feeling much better than I have in years.

It is still heck getting old though.

best

mqqn
Congrats on the loss of weight Andy, forty pounds is a lot of work, good job.
My doc would like me to lose weight, but I'm not gaining so I'm happy.

I’ll be posting a new “Sticky Thread” soon, titled Connie’s Corner. Some of you know my wife is a pretty talented crafter. She hand crafts some unique items that we will be posting here for sale in the near future.
The Boss is multitalented no doubt and I look forward to seeing her handy work in her own sticky.

I had an interesting experience recently...

I replaced the window regulator on my Colorado. (dsd)
Luckily the motor was still good so I at least saved a few bucks there.
34$ shipped plus 9 more for replacement window guide clips at O'Riely's and 4 for epoxy at Wallyworld wasn't bad to get my window working right imo.
I had no idea how windows were made to go up and down but now I know.
Scissors and gears and magic juice flowing through wires.
Thanks to YouTube it only took 30 (+ -) tries to get it right vs the 30k it probably would have taken.Yay YT.:thumbsup:

I had an interesting experience recently...

I replaced the window regulator on my Colorado. (dsd)
Luckily the motor was still good so I at least saved a few bucks there.
34$ shipped plus 9 more for replacement window guide clips at O'Riely's and 4 for epoxy at Wallyworld wasn't bad to get my window working right imo.
I had no idea how windows were made to go up and down but now I know.
Scissors and gears and magic juice flowing through wires.
Thanks to YouTube it only took 30 (+ -) tries to get it right vs the 30k it probably would have taken.Yay YT.:thumbsup:

Good job, Mykel -

I have had the doors open on my Colorado a couple times - once to replace speakers, and most recently to tighten up the bolts on the door handle. It's easy to get into the doors. The truck has been fairly easy to work on, except that darn exhaust manifold that cracked. Those are not cheap or easy on an inline 5 cylinder engine....

The front brakes are poorly thought out as well - you have to remove the hubs to replace a rotor.

best

mqqn

Back