The "Whatever" Thread

Happy birthday, how many years young? Enjoy the entire week for it, more enjoyable to celebrate that way!!

It's your birthday! Have a great one John! I don't want to bring this up, but seeing the girls all grown up must make you feel OLD!

Just kidding bud, you got a lot to be proud of, a very nice family you've got around you, my friend. That is GOLD!
I don’t feel old, I am old!

Just saw on the news that they are going to start giving 90 minute tours of the old Joliet Prison for $20 each. Connie is all excited about this!

That's really awesome, John! If you get a chance to take the tour, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. Keep an eye out for Jake and Elwood! ;)

I just counted and there are 57 Knifemakers forums. At least half of them have had no activity for over a year. I wonder if they are still paying membership fees, or if they are gone and just haven’t been deleted?

a lot of those are gone and just not deleted. the new forum format killed access for several makers who work mostly from a mobile connection.
battle creek stopped making knives after a car crash 6 or 7 years ago, I think -- which is also about the time Koyote quit making knives as well.

I think a lot of makers just get burnt out or have had life changes. Too many orders to catch up on or slow business? Or could it be a move to more social media for business? Not that I recommend that, just a trend I noticed.

I was also wondering what happened to Koyote, if it wasn't for his helper (the lady sheath maker) I would never have gotten my last knife. No word, mention of circumstances, or even a simple explanation at the time, just slow trickle then nothing. I took it for what is was worth, wished him well, and just kept my eyes open for his knives.

Last edited:
Those forums should be moved to the archived area, be less cluttered for those of us who actually pay each year.

+1 on archive. When one is archived does it limit the search function when researching past makers or threads?

I wish there were other forums that don’t charge a small fortune to sell knives. BF seems to be the only one, and it’s getting too slow.
And please don’t suggest BCUSA, I really don’t like that place.

Back