The "Whatever" Thread

I think a lot of makers just get burnt out or have had life changes. Too many orders to catch up on or slow business? Or could it be a move to more social media for business? Not that I recommend that, just a trend I noticed.

I was also wondering what happened to Koyote, if it wasn't for his helper (the lady sheath maker) I would never have gotten my last knife. No word, mention of circumstances, or even a simple explanation at the time, just slow trickle then nothing. I took it for what is was worth, wished him well, and just kept my eyes open for his knives.

the sheath maker was his daughter - I think she went away to college or started a family.
I heard he burned out and was concentrating on their farm in Nv

Wonder how Koyote Girl is now? I too recalling it was college. Wonder if Christof is is enjoying the rural life too?

Wonder how Koyote Girl is now? I too recalling it was college. Wonder if Christof is is enjoying the rural life too?
I thought she went in the Air Force? I don’t think Sierra was his daughter, but I could be wrong.

Came in from the shop around 10 this morning, not feeling well. I’ve got chills, and my body aches. In my recliner covered with a blanket rewatching Longmire on Netflix, waiting for Connie to get home.

Feel better soon, John. We had a nasty bug going around down here recently. I hope, for your sake, that it stayed in the south!

Came in from the shop around 10 this morning, not feeling well. I’ve got chills, and my body aches. In my recliner covered with a blanket rewatching Longmire on Netflix, waiting for Connie to get home.

Classic food poisoning - what did you eat last night?
If not that - High Five - clean hands save lives (poster you'll see at any hospital or emergency care facility) - and it's true....

When in that condition, I prefer the following :
4 oz boiling water
2 oz whiskey
2 tbs honey
1 tsp real lemon

Repeat as necessary. It'll do you good.

best
mqqn

What's up, folks?

Been a while since I've been here, thought I would stop by and check in.

Just started my last semester of undergrad, and am considering grad school. Life has been busy but good. Classes and work and timbersports stuff plus the extra curricular (;)) stuff keeping me pretty much occupied.

Hope everyone is doing well.

John I hope you feel better soon.

Hey Coop -

John's having a gathering on Sept 22 if you are free that day - you could come up and I'll take you from here -
Good deal you are keeping busy - thanks for stopping in.

best

mqqn

Hey Coop -

John's having a gathering on Sept 22 if you are free that day - you could come up and I'll take you from here -
Good deal you are keeping busy - thanks for stopping in.

best

mqqn

Hey Andy. Thanks for the offer. It will likely be a last minute decision, but I will let you know if I can make it.

John, I'm glad you clarified that. I was wondering if I had missed something..

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm
sitting here at work thinking I should have gotten more rest and spent more time at home. I know I should not have stayed up for all of the football game last night. It feels almost like first day back at work after vacation.

The long weekend was nice, although Sunday and Monday were oppressively hot. The wife had some kind of stomach bug late Sunday night, and spent most of Monday laying on the couch.

Our son wanted to make a cake to share with the ladies at work (he's 23, LOL). I do most of the baking, so I let him do everything, just oversaw his work. It was a somewhat elaborate cake, with multiple layers and filling, with a chocolate ganache. Turned out well.

Sunday evening we sat out on the porch. It nice to sit out there, but luckily screened-in, as we would get eaten alive otherwise. About 7:45, the bats come out, and we watch them bombing around the yard like an all you can eat buffet.

Loving the cooler mornings
And cooler days here.
I can nap during the day without sweating my ass off now.Yay!
Rained cats and dogs yesterday evening and into the night though.
At least the smoke from the Canadian fires has cleared out.That shit was playing havoc with my sinuses.

Good morning. I had a few minutes and wanted to pop in and say hey. Things have been pretty crazy lately with work and life, still planning on being at the gathering.

Best wishes and prayers to everyone in the path of Hurricane Florence. Looks like it will be a tropical depression by the time it gets to SW Virginia where we're at. The biggest concern for us will be flooding. My wife was doing okay with our normal preps based on the 6-10" of rain over the next 7 days as forcast by the NHC. She's now a basket case after an idiot on one of the local tv channels said 20-30" by the weekend. I told my wife we can only prepare for flooding, we can't stop it.

A friend of mine was driving north on I-81 in Virginia Saturday. VDOT had a sign warning drivers of the hazardous road conditions ahead........ in North Carolina:rolleyes:

Back