The "Whatever" Thread

Amateur hour for sure. All my lines are off roads and trails. And not all states require markings on each trap. I mark my line eye level with a tracker chop v in the tree. Probably some 20yo kids acting like they know what they are doing.
The Dept of Game and Fisheries require traps to be identified with either the owners name or number assigned by them. Unfortunately there are no rules for using good judgement. I'm a bit concerned there still may be a confrontation since it's an area where I turkey hunt and find mushrooms.

The Dept of Game and Fisheries require traps to be identified with either the owners name or number assigned by them. Unfortunately there are no rules for using good judgement. I'm a bit concerned there still may be a confrontation since it's an area where I turkey hunt and find mushrooms.
well you don't want my advice for that part im not the most understanding.

i made a sheath for my bluegill and thought it was dry enough. now I have rust:mad:
Rust brings character.
Rust never sleeps.
Rust sucks but it's dealwithable.
Sorry about the red stuff SJ.

On a lighter note...
Here we are in the middle of March and I woke up to the white stuff again this morning.
It's above freezing and rained since late yesterday afternoon into this morning, so it's a wet snow and barely covering the ground, but it's there damn it.
In the middle of March!:rolleyes:

I wanted to say thanks to the handful of people who still take the time to post in this forum. My usual morning routine goes like this, get dressed, turn the coffee pot on, take dogs out, grab a cup of coffee, take it to the shop, then check here for new posts.
It brightens my day when I see someone posted.

I wanted to say thanks to the handful of people who still take the time to post in this forum. My usual morning routine goes like this, get dressed, turn the coffee pot on, take dogs out, grab a cup of coffee, take it to the shop, then check here for new posts.
If you wanted to make things more interesting, try changing up the order of how you do things (this is meant to be humorous). Start the coffee pot, take the dogs out, grab a cup, walk to the mailbox, realize you are still in your PJs, get dressed, reheat coffee in microwave, go to the shop. :rolleyes:

I don't know where to post this but my mom passed away recently. My dad is coming to visit us and my wife wants me to get him a jk knife . I have already gave him a camp knife I took as a war trophy. He has a kephart that was a jeff white and r jones collaboration knife that they both made. So I am thinking that we need to get him a EDC knife in a pocket slip any Ideas the JK family have are awesome. He will be here may 14th at the latest so I need to decide soon and get in that month with John.

I don't know where to post this but my mom passed away recently. My dad is coming to visit us and my wife wants me to get him a jk knife . I have already gave him a camp knife I took as a war trophy. He has a kephart that was a jeff white and r jones collaboration knife that they both made. So I am thinking that we need to get him a EDC knife in a pocket slip any Ideas the JK family have are awesome. He will be here may 14th at the latest so I need to decide soon and get in that month with John.
If he is going to pocket carry this I would go with the IFSA knife. Small size that cuts like a big knife. The one on top.
6e2cOUW.jpg

Last edited:
I don't always post, but I usually check in everyday.

Took a walk early this morning hoping to hear a turkey gobble. I stayed on an established trail and only walked a couple of miles. No turkey but I got 5 ticks off of me. Just ordered a new bottle of Sawyer Permethrin to treat my clothes with.

Back