The "Whatever" Thread

Ha! I would expect a professional tourist to have seen that stretch of 24 many times over his career.
I am going to be in Winchester - which is on the west side of 24, almost due west from Monteagle -

We may be getting this one - the seller came back with a reasonable counter and I think we are close enough to meet in the middle.

I may be an official two-level Tennessee Squire soon .

best

mqqn
I used to go to Winchester regularly. I love that place. It gets a little crazy when the music festival comes around though.
Edit:
I was picturing a spot north of there. Tullahoma is where I was going when I passed through.

Last edited:
Thank you, gentlemen!

We have been going down for the BBQ for years, and we stay at a hotel in Manchester. We like to eat breakfast at the Tullahoma Downtown Cafe. We will be about 20 minutes from there in the new house.

best

mqqn

nice!
that's a LOT shorter drive to Blade show!
:D
Darn tootin'

So then, as luck would have it, and under Murphy's Law and of course 1st world problems -

Holding an 8 hour firearm safety course with 15 participants, realtor and mortgage people blowing up phone then my day job ('puter guy') starts blowing up my phone with a level 1 production-down incident.....

Other than that, I relaxed today 8)

best

mqqn

I think your choice was perfect, I`m a believer if you can only have one handgun, make it a 3"-4" .357. As a matter of fact, back in the late 70`s, the only one I owned was a 4" S&W Model 13, a fixed sight .357. I uses it for everything, from groundhogs out to 50 yards, using 125 grain .357 hollowpoints, to squirrel, using full wadcutter .38 target loads, it would punch a neat hole, no expansion. Andy said it best, shoot safe and often!

Hey John, yeah I have a S&W model 13! That was my first handgun! I had to buy that for work! It's my very favorite handgun! Before that, all I bought were long guns! There sure are a bunch out there that I would still like to have though! I am wanting to buy a Kentucky Long Rifle kit, and build it myself! I guess it won't be for a while, the old woman is holding me on a short leash here lately! Time will tell!

ft

Hope it works out for you Andy, whiskey and knives in the country.
You'll have to invite us over for a JK gathering ☺ I should be able to make one , I'll be retired by Dec. 1st.
Take care, John S.

IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

Just posted a pic of this JK pocket Kephart in the work edc knife, anyone else use one and can share how they use theirs and like it? I would appreciate it.

Hope it works out for you Andy, whiskey and knives in the country.
You'll have to invite us over for a JK gathering ☺ I should be able to make one , I'll be retired by Dec. 1st.
Take care, John S.

Congrats on the retirement! I am sure the sky is good and dark down in TN , and you are always invited!!

best

mqqn

Back