The "Whatever" Thread

Gents, I’ve been quite busy of late. Just wanted to give you a flash back....
Introduced my girls to the “Life and Times of Grizzly Adams” tonight.
They love No. 07!

Hope all the locals are safe with this crazy weather blowing through.

Connie and I went to the range this morning. Put 200 rounds through my old Kimber .45 and she put 100 through her Micro 9. I bought a range membership for $19.99 a month, which will give me unlimited range time Monday through Friday. Now it’s time to get a good .22 so I have something cheap to shoot. I’m learning towards the Ruger 22/45.

the 22/45 is a nice pistol.
so is the SR22
there are several european built 22 pistols on the market for pretty cheap these days, too.
my personal favorite is the Browning Buckmark, though.

You can't go wrong with a Ruger 22 no matter which model you choose. I had a 22/45 many years ago but got rid of it. I have a 22/45 Lite and it gets a lot of woods time. The are some nice 1911 style 22 handguns being made now.

Last edited:
I was 24. I already had a shotgun and .22 rifle, but it was my first handgun. Two months later I bought a Colt Combat Commander for $258.

Time does fly... especially when it comes to kids. one day they can’t even hold up their heads and the next they’re in middle school. Now a couple of my brother’s boys are about to be teenagers and they are getting bold riding their skateboards and dirtbike... what’s next? Cars and girls probably...

Last edited:
Back