The "Whatever" Thread

Guys, I just read on facebook where Peter's (KYEnglish) wife Rebecca was admitted to the hospital with a stroke. Please keep Rebecca and the rest of Peter's family in your prayers.

I appreciate what you guys are doing to help.
Yeah I keep getting asked about them I keep pointing them your way. They are all stuck on trend knives that cost to much. I've been posting there and ig the edc forum still has me pending. Last time I gave up after 4 months.

Guys, I just read on facebook where Peter's (KYEnglish) wife Rebecca was admitted to the hospital with a stroke. Please keep Rebecca and the rest of Peter's family in your prayers.
I saw that, I’m friends with her there. Prayers sent.

Fiancée almost came to Odessa this weekend instead of me going to roswell. Real glad we decided for me to go to NM after everything that happened today.

Hanging out in the hammock this morning. I'm new to using them but got a nice setup from a trade. We like it so far.

98yFogHl.jpg

Last edited:
Fiancée almost came to Odessa this weekend instead of me going to roswell. Real glad we decided for me to go to NM after everything that happened today.

not sure what happened out there, but I hope you're all OK.

not sure what happened out there, but I hope you're all OK.

Had two shootings. one was a guy shooting at people on the highway at a red light and I’m not sure where the other one took place but yesterday there was 5 dead and 21 injured. Crazy ass world we live in now.

Yeah guy got out by one of the busiest intersections and just started randomly shooting at the light.

What kimd of pen is that. I'm wanting a brass machine era pen. And you need to make a field notes cover

It’s a Karas Kustoms mini render K. The mini is discontinued now but there sweet pens and not badly priced for a full machined American made pen. The field notes cover is on my list behind a padfolio for the fiancée that I’m gonna start designing this week.

I gotta say guys, I had a lot of good use out of the straightback element hunter this weekend. Reminds me why I liked a similar blade shape in a puukko. I brought my JK Kephart for food prep but ended up using the hunter anyway. It was a great fire starting knife, which was needed since we got blasted with a thunderstorm our first night. I should've grabbed some pics but we were having too much fun staying warm warm and wandering in the woods to get the phone out. I didn't have cell coverage so it stayed turned off and in the bag for 3 days, it was glorious to tune that stupid thing out and not worry about work for a little bit.

My mother-in-law had her fancy camera thing out and my wife forced me into some "photo opportunities" but I don't think any are with the knife, but I think she took a bunch of me working around the camp, some at my wife's request as I was sweating like mad and working without a shirt on. Silly ladies. If any have the fire or food prep, I'll be sure to share. Hated the drive but loved getting the heck out of the city/suburbs for a while.

Is anyone else wondering how many of johns knivese are hoarded in his shop, garage or by his lazy boy. Maybe ones that didnt sell. Defects or are just to darn prerty to part with.

Is anyone else wondering how many of johns knivese are hoarded in his shop, garage or by his lazy boy. Maybe ones that didnt sell. Defects or are just to darn prerty to part with.

I feel like that's how I ended up with the lirrle one and hunter for such a good price, John was cleaning out the couch cushions and, "huh suppose I could try to get rid of these."

Top and bottom
EVn0BGU.jpg

In truth, I think John runs a lean operation from what I've gathered from our convo's and his scheduling method. Maybe a proto or a blem here or there but not too many I would think.

Back