The "Whatever" Thread

Kitchen knife took on the task of preparing breakfast smoothie - first time I have ever prepared a mango - of course the Kitchen knife did a great job!

20200118_092357.jpg

best

mqqn

I’m going to order 1/16” stainless in a 1 1/2” width. That way I can make paring knives, Kitchen Utility knives, and chefs knives from the same piece. I’ll be ordering later this month.

:eek: whaatttt??? I'm going to have to dig up some of those ideas we discussed very briefly about 1/16" steel. Would LOVE to get a fillet knife going if the steel and thinness works out well.

Sitting on the couch last night a car stopped in front of the house. We were not expecting anyone so I went to the door to look out. The car drove off before I got the door open. I didn't give it any thought till later when my wife took the dogs out. She yelled for me and as I got to the door she was walking up the steps with a kitten in her arms. She said the poor thing was just sitting in the road, too scared to run when the dogs were barking at it.
I don't understand dropping an animal off under any circumstances. Dropping a kitten off when it's below freezing and forecast to be in the low teens overnight is takes a special type. I hope Karma pays the POS a visit.
My wife posted a found kitten online but I don't expect she'll get a reply. On the bright side the kitten appears healthy, is litterbox trained, and my son is extremely happy.

That's pretty messed up. Sounds like your son has a new friend, might be hard to get him a forever home if he stays around too long :D. I feel like it only gets worse when the cat starts acting like a dog and they all become friends.

Hayley just got a part time job after school at an Oberweiss ice cream shop, $14 an hour to scoop ice cream. I’m thinking I should quit making knives and scoop ice cream!

Back in the mid 80s I thought 6.00 an hour was doing good. What is the minimum wage now? Or are they working to make it 15.00 an hour? Congrats on her new job!! Maybe she gets an employee discount to try some of those flavors!!!

I’m not sure what minimum is now. My first full time job I started at $1.65. I bought my first brand new car when I was making $1.85, I was 18. 1972 SS 350 Chevy Nova, it was $3200!

I’m not sure what minimum is now. My first full time job I started at $1.65. I bought my first brand new car when I was making $1.85, I was 18. 1972 SS 350 Chevy Nova, it was $3200!

Wow. Maybe it was the late 80s, I remember seeing the price tag on a car and it was a little over $10K, I thought that was too high then.....if we only knew what would come.

in 91 I paid $7200 for a new Mazda B2200 2wd reg cab pickup.
in 97 I paid $12k that for a 2wd ext cab ranger.

I bought my Cummins diesel fully loaded and lifted in 06 for 30k. Looked at trucks the other day. The new version of my truck is 80k .. wtf

Back