The "Whatever" Thread

Finally turned in my last assignment for school last night. It's going to be great to have many of my evenings and nights back to do different things. Figure I'll take a day or two to "rest" and then I have a ton of work to get to finishing up designs, working up wood models, and getting John annoyed with my lengthy emails and ideas about possible designs :D. I really can't thank him enough for fielding some of the crazy I send him that you all don't get to see.

I've been thinking, and I might do a 2nd bushcraft model for April's set of proto's utilizing a handle feature I came up with a few years ago on my first custom, that is a bit ugly but it worked really well. I think I have a way to make it as functional and a lot prettier, and be able to run a "guardless" knife design while still having decent security in the handle, at least compared to the basic handle of something like a classic mora with the wood handles.

I'm super pumped to be able to get back to work on the business, enjoy the woods a lot more, get back on the bicycle, and get the kiddo outdoors.

I don’t get annoyed with emails, that’s how we figure things out. I would get annoyed if I didn’t get emails with questions, and a customer didn’t get what they wanted.

Speaking about Scandi Grinds and Pukko's one of my favorite video's on Pukko's and how they are made is of this couple that had been making them for years......it is a very cool video worth seeing if you haven't already ~

Last edited:
Speaking about Scandi Grinds and Pukko's one of my favorite video's on Pukko's and how they are made is of this couple that had been making them for years......it is a very cool video worth seeing if you haven't already ~

Thanks for the share. It's been a long time since I've seen that one. I think it would be fun to learn how to do stacked material handles like that, as a big fan of leather handles myself. I've never had a birchbark puukko though, either wood or leather handled is all.

John and I have discussed some of the challenges with that as I start trying to take on a few more service pieces of my business and I hope to attend a knifemaking class if he gets enough interest again. There's a post I think he said he'll have coming out that will be really interesting to follow.

Stella misses Casey so much, she’s cuddling with Casey’s favorite toy, she can smell her.

Condolences on the loss of Casey - I remember her being able to jump up and get her head over the half-door into the kitchen to see who was coming in the house at many a gathering.
Sad news indeed.

best

mqqn

Back