The "Whatever" Thread

Another one, if you credit a teacher that had a good impact on your life, if possible, let them know. And that goes for others in your life. We are bombarded with bad news, we have to make an effort to remember and mention the good things that are not reported, or just the random acts of kindness we see. That is why I like blade forums and esp the JK thread, good people, good times, good friends, a few tall and true tales, and good knives to share along the way. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

This makes my day. I was on Facebook this morning and saw this that Hanna posted.

JK, is it wise to leave your granddaughter's full surname in your screenshot? the internet never forgets, as they say....

and on a more sentimental/less hysterical note, that is a good last name :thumbsup:

I knew a good one (I think the elder brother became a Marine, and I'm certain she was the queen of fart jokes) by the same or similar surname from out New England/PA way

how time flies!

Last edited:
Today I jumped amd had a young paratrooper choked out with twists steal my air. To bad these new parachutes aren't like the old crash10s. I fell 30 damn feet the medics said I bounced off the ground I replied with no shit. Laid there cussing and dry heaving for a little bit. Went to knock some sense into the young man amd he was a scared teenager starring up at me. I told him his ways of jumper error and went about my evening. Now its bourbon and maybe watching the polls.

Damn, SJ. I thought your last set off injuries was keeping you from jumping. No snow up there yet to cushion the LZ?

All my best to you and your family this Veterans Day.

Damn, SJ. I thought your last set off injuries was keeping you from jumping. No snow up there yet to cushion the LZ?

All my best to you and your family this Veterans Day.
It was a old break after I sat around in a brace and wasted my leave. This one my family made me hit the er. Got dang near a while body ct scan nothing messed up just hurting. Im gonna jump a few times at the end of the month. And it recently started snowing so hopefully there's a few feet. Static line jumping is so damn ruff landing.

Maggie and I have been watching old Gunsmokes as we can record them and then FF through the commercials. We are just tired of all the crap on TV, and Gunsmoke had 20 years of episodes so there is plenty out there to keep you occupied in the evenings if desired.

I was looking at Matt Dillon's Colt SAA - and did a little research - it was a Colt SAA 7 1/2 " barrel version with non-matching numbers (studio prop gun) but was otherwise capable of firing. It had imitation stag handles and he used the same gun for the entire series.

That gun sold in 2017 for $24,750!!

I have been looking at Uberti replicas - seems like you can find one for under $800 but you have to beat the bushes to find them.

I think I'll put some imitation stag handles on my new model Blackhawk and call it a day.

Anyone else like SA revolvers?

best

mqqn

I had a Ruger Vaquero I really liked (actually two) One was polished stainless that looked like nickel, the other was the old model when they first came out, blue with case hardened frame, and Ruger ivory grips.

We were watching an episode from the first season earlier today - and I noticed that Matt's gun did not have the stag handles - so there were at least two that he used -
Another interesting thing - the episode "Matt gets it" is the first episode and the introduction is by John Wayne - very cool.

JK Knives JK Knives - I ordered a new Vaquero in nickel with the fake ivory handles - when it came in with a twin (a friend and I ordered together) they were consecutive serial numbers and my friend decided he would like to have the pair. I didn't mind - saved me $600 or so if I remember.

best

mqqn

I've never owned a Colt SAA but regret not buying several I considered years ago. I am a fan of Ruger single actions and own a few.

We were watching an episode from the first season earlier today - and I noticed that Matt's gun did not have the stag handles - so there were at least two that he used -
Another interesting thing - the episode "Matt gets it" is the first episode and the introduction is by John Wayne - very cool.

JK Knives JK Knives - I ordered a new Vaquero in nickel with the fake ivory handles - when it came in with a twin (a friend and I ordered together) they were consecutive serial numbers and my friend decided he would like to have the pair. I didn't mind - saved me $600 or so if I remember.

best

mqqn
A lot of the old westerns shows used Great Western single actions.

I have a set of DVD’s with 50 episodes of old westerns, and a few other similar series like Jim Bowie, and my favorite, Sergeant Preston of The Yukon. My favorite western was Have Gun Will Travel. I also have the first season of Wanted Dead or Alive.

I have been looking at Uberti replicas - seems like you can find one for under $800 but you have to beat the bushes to find them.

I think I'll put some imitation stag handles on my new model Blackhawk and call it a day.

Anyone else like SA revolvers?

best

mqqn

I love my Uberti SAA, think I paid $250 for it new, 20ish years ago? Right around the time, maybe a little before, Benelli took over with the CNC. Mine is .357 4 3/4 with walnut grips and built on the Colt machines. I need to order a new screw set for it, lent it to a friend and he tried to clean it with all the wrong screwdrivers. I picked up a Convert-a-pell kit for it years ago. Love that thing too, I plink .177 ball Gamos out of it.

I have a set of DVD’s with 50 episodes of old westerns, and a few other similar series like Jim Bowie, and my favorite, Sergeant Preston of The Yukon. My favorite western was Have Gun Will Travel. I also have the first season of Wanted Dead or Alive.

We watch Have Gun Will Travel & Maverick most every Saturday morning, great old shows!

Jeff

I ordered a set of Arizona Custom Grips "aged ivory" grips for my Ruger New Model Blackhawk - they use a material called "Magna-tusk".

The material is not powdered ivory or a veneer over plastic, but rather a solid material and they age it with intense UV light, which is a natural aging but accelerated.

I am interested to see this material, as they state that it can fool even experts - but again, we'll see. They sell on ebay exclusively.

Adding to my recent western kick - I found that Bianchi sells handmade custom gun-belts and holster rigs in the western style, and even have a complete rig called the Gunsmoke that is a replica of what Matt Dillon used in the Gunsmoke series. They aren't cheap, but I am sure they are high quality. Maybe someday!

best

mqqn

Back