The "Whatever" Thread

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

John, my sons LOVED their Kephart EDC knives. They kept going on and on about them. Thank you for the work you put into them.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
I’m glad they liked them, and thanks for letting me know!

Used this JK to make dinner for friends today. The cutting board is a handmade gift.

20201226_131204.jpg

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Best

mqqn

Last edited:
Used this JK to make dinner for friends today. The cutting board is a handmade gift.

20201226_131204.jpg

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Best

mqqn

Now that's what I call a nice cutting board! :)

I'm ordering a Tool from John, and we're exploring handle scale options.

What did he do to the handles in the JK Knife in your signature?

Is it burnt oak or walnut, or something else?

In your option, mqqn, do you think the burnt thing would look good on bocote handle scales?

Cause the man had me at rosewood scales :cool:

The knife in mqqn's signature, what are the handle scales?

should just has started with that question

I think John used to do burned osage and that's the best I can think of. The base color isn't dark enough to be bocote, the way it looks on my monitor.

mqqn mqqn That's a sweet kitchen (petty?) knife. Love the patina. I'm finally starting to get on board with carbon steel kitchen knives after using so many of John's woods knives for food prep in the kitchen and loving the character it builds over time. I have a nakiri on order with a different knifemaker that I'm pretty excited about.

Hey we actually got a few snow flurries on Christmas morning, still doing it now so, we have a slightly white Christmas after all in central VA!! I know it may not seem like much to you guys in different states who get snow, but we have not had a white Christmas in a long time.
We got enough snow to cover the ground and make our Christmas white. My in-laws who live less than 20 miles away got several inches of snow. It was a great Christmas on nearly every level.
Hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas and that 2021 is good enough to make up for 2020!

I was hoping Gilligan would get together with Mary Ann, sort of a forerunner of Paradise Island.

While I was outside playing with hot metal, SWMBO informed me the water heater died again - which is also central to our furnace.
Hopefully the hvac contractor supply house is open tomorrow.

Back