The "Whatever" Thread

I wish Hayley a Happy Birthday! Can't help but notice - Your family women are very short compared to you. They only come up to your shoulder!
Hayley, Becky, and Connie are all under 5’. Hanna is about 5’ 2”, Emily and Angie are about 5’ 3”, and Alison is about 5’ 10”.

Still waiting on my forum. Everytime I get a email I think its blade forums. Nope just more covid 19 updates that I never requested.

OK. Then the perspective in the picture is correct. My ex wife is 5'1". I can put my chin on the top of her head. Didn't stop me from having a son (Willy) who is 6'3". It's like Alison being 5'10" - She's taller than me and the woman's equivalent of my son's height.

Tonight I realized a problem with my first JK - an EO1 hunter. Know that I really enjoy sharpening knives. Everyone has their own method - mine is a 1K and 6K water stone. The problem is that John's O1 sharpens too easily and rarely needs a touch up. I have been using the knife pretty hard the last few days. After each tough job I check the edge to see if it's time.....not yet unfortunately. Still razor sharp. :)

I polished it when I first got it, but it's finally showing the first signs of a patina, and I am very excited to see what it turns into.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZpexJdI

Don't change a thing John, the knife is perfect!

Tonight I realized a problem with my first JK - an EO1 hunter. Know that I really enjoy sharpening knives. Everyone has their own method - mine is a 1K and 6K water stone. The problem is that John's O1 sharpens too easily and rarely needs a touch up. I have been using the knife pretty hard the last few days. After each tough job I check the edge to see if it's time.....not yet unfortunately. Still razor sharp. :)

I polished it when I first got it, but it's finally showing the first signs of a patina, and I am very excited to see what it turns into.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZpexJdI

Don't change a thing John, the knife is perfect!
Yeah I barely sharpen usually strop once a week and call it good

I’m seriously considering making 2021 my final year. Right now my accountant of over 10 years is in the hospital, according to his wife it’s not looking good. I really don’t want to get a new one, I think it’s time to just call it. My other alternative is to just make a few knives and only take money orders or checks for payment, otherwise PayPal reports income. I don’t think that will go over well with customers.

I hope things turn around for your accountant and his family. Having a loved one in the hospital in these times is extra difficult due to the visitation restrictions in place because of the virus.
I can see not taking PayPal being a problem for new customers but not a big deal for repeat business.

Fuck it do word of mouth orders. I have people mail me cash all the time because they are real Americans from the back woods and don't like even money orders. I'd take change in a sock if need be.

I just got off a 24hr shift gotta be back in a few hours. I hope all of the jk family Is well. We need to reactivate the check in thread. I haven't seen posts from a few when I first got on here a few years ago.

I just got off a 24hr shift gotta be back in a few hours. I hope all of the jk family Is well. We need to reactivate the check in thread. I haven't seen posts from a few when I first got on here a few years ago.
A lot of people don’t seem to be here anymore.

I just started a thread to see who is still here.

Back