The "Whatever" Thread

My wife and I fished a mountain lake yesterday. Shore only, no harvest lake. Been there a few times and this is the first Smallmouth. Nice healthy little guy.
Bill
Super nice bass my friend! What lake were you fishing? If it's Moomaw let know when you and your wife go back and I'll buy you lunch or a cold beverage along the way.

That was Abbott Lake at Peaks of Otter. Beautiful place but the fishing is poor. Bank only, few open areas. VERY shallow. There is plenty of forage, lizards, frogs and tons of tiny panfish.

Years ago, the lodge used to rent canoes and jon boats. I wish they still did, I would like to try drop shots in deeper water and fishing the island as well as some of the shoreline heavily wooded.

Having a bad time finding open access for bank fishing nearby. Claytor Lake state park has been the most consistent. I have not hit on any bass yet but nice Green Sunfish and Bluegill.

Bill

Went to the local farmer's market today.....
Wore my JK Straightback in it's sheath.
I Never carry open carry, but lately, with This knife I do....

I keep expecting to get questions? :)
I know I talk to people

Went to the local farmer's market today.....
Wore my JK Straightback in it's sheath.
I Never carry open carry, but lately, with This knife I do....

I keep expecting to get questions? :)
I know I talk to people

Wear them with pride. I think we all need to show our appreciation for some cool knives And a nice guy….that would be you, John. :)

Back