The "Whatever" Thread

With my sweet insurance I just see a PA then they just give you motrin and schedule you for months of physical therapy before imaging. Then usually it's to late to fix anything.

The first game of the season for the team Thomas plays on was tonight. They had six offensive possessions and turned the ball over four times. They don't keep score so he wasn't upset about losing. He had been getting practice time at running back but played tight end and middle linebacker in the game. They let him kickoff and it looks like that will become his spot if he continues to do well.
Win or lose we had a great time and couldn't be more proud of how well he played. After 2020 there's no such thing as a bad football game right now.

Last edited:
John, now that you are becoming a man of leisure, if there is time since you do stay busy, any more shots of neat places you have been? Like the old towns or homesteads, graveyard, battlefields, etc. We took a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN and we found a long single way trail through Cades Cove, a small area back in the hills with old churches, homes, etc….open fields and great scenery of the fields and mountains. We even saw a far off bear foraging in the field.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 8B7D2558-5E22-4A0A-82C6-7F57C1B49BF3.jpeg
    8B7D2558-5E22-4A0A-82C6-7F57C1B49BF3.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 176E7DD5-3A1A-4901-A8EC-951C4CC480FB.jpeg
    176E7DD5-3A1A-4901-A8EC-951C4CC480FB.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 9
  • BEB4A59D-8234-4597-9692-EFBCA6EF0F7B.jpeg
    BEB4A59D-8234-4597-9692-EFBCA6EF0F7B.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 00B89BFB-3AA1-4D3B-8F98-B528D01C40C6.jpeg
    00B89BFB-3AA1-4D3B-8F98-B528D01C40C6.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 9
Also in Ware County, we found the Foothills Parkway, not a lot of traffic and really good views of the tops of the mountains. we also bought a chainsaw made black bear wood sculpture, holding a sign that says Howdy to put in our front porch. Pics later for that one.

One pic I took in Pigeon Forge I took just to irritate some of my liberal friends. Not being political just saw the humor in sending the pic to them.

Attachments

• 37385062-6242-4496-BB40-21DF23482B9C.jpeg
    37385062-6242-4496-BB40-21DF23482B9C.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 10
I was not selected. It appeared to me there were more potential jurors not selected than were chosen. It may have been an interesting case with serious long term punishment if found guilty.
Only problem was they turned me loose too soon and I'm back to work. Another hour and I would have gotten the day off with pay.

I got a lecture from the judge the last time I was selected for Jury duty. Accused me of not wanting to do my civic duty. I know cops and lawyers.

John, now that you are becoming a man of leisure, if there is time since you do stay busy, any more shots of neat places you have been? Like the old towns or homesteads, graveyard, battlefields, etc. We took a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN and we found a long single way trail through Cades Cove, a small area back in the hills with old churches, homes, etc….open fields and great scenery of the fields and mountains. We even saw a far off bear foraging in the field.
Interestingly, I called John last week to catch up and after the chat, I pulled out my duffel bag full of JK knives.
Lots of great knives in there and stories to go with them.

I tried to call jds1 jds1 , but perhaps he remembers me too well from the old gatherings up in Michigan.....oh well, nobody kills a gallon of 80 proof liquor and doesn't do some kind of fire dance, right JK Knives JK Knives ?

I would be very willing to drive up or over or whatever for a gathering - we could call it the greybeard association or something.

I promise I won't try to set the county record for alcohol consumption... :]

best

mqqn

I got a lecture from the judge the last time I was selected for Jury duty. Accused me of not wanting to do my civic duty. I know cops and lawyers.
When I was in the Sick (Ill) - all I had to do was say I had to work and it would create a hardship for my employer. Done deal.
I did do jury duty twice though, it got me out of the office and I made $15 sweet gub-mint dollars for reading well-thumbed old people magazines in the waiting area.

Another technique is during voir dire, just say "I can tell when someone is guilty, they just have a look...."

best

mqqn

Back