The "Whatever" Thread

Thomas had his final game of Little League Football. The last game had a completely different "feel" than all the others. The fans of the opposing team were loud and borderline rude. The officiating was questionable at best. I didn't know what to think when the game was over and the coach led the players off the field without shaking hands. He gathered the players and parents together and told us how proud he was of the team. He said he did what he believed was the right thing. There was no reason to be shown so much disrespect.
I still don't know details of everything that happened on the field but I know and respect the coach. If it was bad enough for him to not want to shake hands it was really bad. These are 7 and 8 year old boys. What kind of person would treat them like that?

Sad that happened, sometimes the parents (those that behaved badly anyway) need to be reminded that they should not be childish and that they are setting a bad example for the kids. They should be told to walk around the field a few times, “Everyone does two laps!”

I'm guessing you'll be remembered for much more than your knives. I can't remember the last issue of Knives Illustrated I looked through but it's been quite some time.

John, you touch on something that I think every man considers- What will we be remembered for, by whom and for how long? A profound and personal consideration. My Father and I shared this and came to the same conclusion. I do not care to be remembered past my end, outside my immediate family and very closest friends. My close friends are already gone. No headstone for me, aside from the time spent with family and friends, I want no mark or record left behind.

A friend once told me " You can tell the mark of a man by the expressions on his friends faces when he comes in a room and by the things said once he leaves the room."

Trust that you are well thought of now and will be remembered by those that mean the most to you.

Bill

There is much to be said for small town life, both good and bad. One of the good things is neighborhoods where you feel at home. Trick or Treating through our neighborhood this evening I was happily surprised by one of my neighbors who told me to wait, he had a second bucket for friends. It was full of airplane bottles of whiskey. I grabbed a couple and said thank you with a big smile.
Happy Halloween 🎃

I like small towns, it‘s hard to keep the town feel alive without a vibrant small business community or if they have made the effort to revitalize the small businesses to distinguish it from the big box stores. I love going to my grandmother‘s little town of Lititz, PA where we would walk the small stores, and we recently went to some local antique stores when we did our last trailer camping for the season. Great cooler weather to walk and explore.

Can we see some of your small town, antique store finds, or just plain neat things you got locally? Fruit and vegetables, etc welcome too, without the farmers’ market we would not have some great Fall items.

I know meteorologist try to get the forecast correct but wish they were more accurate. I had planned to spend this morning in the woods scouting but turned my alarm off after watching the forecast get continually worse. When I last checked late last night it was 100% chance of heavy rain with wind gusting 40 mph. When I got up this morning there was no rain nor wind:rolleyes:

mqqn mqqn I've been using forecast.weather.gov for many years. It seems their accuracy/dependability has fallen off dramatically the past few years. There was no mention of rain or wind in the forecast for today. I hunted in rain/sleet and nonstop wind all day.

Any Thanksgiving tales to tell? At home with the turkey and family, or with the turkeys in the family ;), or any hunting tales as sometimes hunters make going out that morning a tradition, or any just walking around in town or nature. Just curious as this thread needed an update.

Cutting a Christmas tree the Sunday after Black Friday has become a tradition for us. This year my nephew and his family joined us. His wife is not "outdoorsy" in any way but it seemed like everyone had a great time. It's hard to believe it's that time of year again.
Merry Christmas!

Back