1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The whiskey tribe and Trade!

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by ShannonSteelLabs, Sep 8, 2019.

1. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Over the past year I have become quite fond of the whiskey tribe on youtube.
    Been into whiskey for about 2 or so years.

Basically this thread will be for whiskey trading for those who cant get brand, A,B,C,or D in their state or town. (Obviously only participate if it's legal to ship distilled spirits where you live.)
    ONLY USE FEDEX OR UPS TO SHIP.
    If you use the postal service and they catch you. NOT GOOD.

I found they have their own distillery. Which I was lucky enough to have a bladeforums member pick up and ship me 2 of the Texas Whiskey Festival blend. Which was awesome. I traded for a custom blade. Which was definitely in his favor!

So I'm starting this thread to see if anyone else is interested in a similar arrangements. But less the knife. Basically people can trade, or pay for a whiskey, and pay for shipping. I just cant afford doing a basically free blade for whiskey, much to expensive.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  2. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    So what is everyones favorite style or brand of whiskey?

Recently I have been getting into Texas whiskey.
    I also found Nikka coffee grain whiskey. My first Japanese whiskey I found I liked. (Just haven't had many)

3. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    You spelled Whisky wrong:p

4. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Johnny Walker Black Label
    Lagavulin 16 year old
    Highland Park Viking Honor
    Four Roses
    ...the list goes on and on.
    But for favourite style, definitely Scottish single malt.

The only whisky I've had that I DIDN'T like was actually a Nikka, can't remember the name though.

Rupestris and ShannonSteelLabs like this.
  5. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    There are multiple ways!

I took bartending classes!!!

6. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    Ahh interesting.
    I'm not a big fan of scotch for the most part. Just havent found anything with a BIG flavor profile for me.
    I'm not fond of johnny Walker.
    But I have some four Rose's single barrel cask strength. It was a barrel pick for a local store.
    Big flavor.

Crowded barrel Texas whiskey festival blend is excellent. 116 proof. Good straight or one ice cube for a few minutes and removed. Takes a hint of the alcohol heat out and opens up some different flavors.

@WValtalkis
    Except that balvinie * that you brought to blade. That was quite nice. Tasty stuff.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  7. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Balvenie 21 year old Port finish...it's good stuff for sure;)

Rykjeklut and ShannonSteelLabs like this.
  8. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    Thanks for the spelling correction lol.
    But yea that was very good.

I recently found finished whiskeys. And damn some are CRAZY GOOD.

Widow Jane. Not sure which one.
    But I believe it was a rye aged in oak and apple wood. Great stuff!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Rykjeklut likes this.
  9. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Rye is something that I'm really interested in trying more of, but believe it or not, not really a big rye market in Norway:rolleyes:

10. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    Yea I can imagine the rye market is pretty small in norway!!!

11. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    There are not multiple ways to spell single malt scotch whisky. Ask any Scot.

http://www.whiskyforeveryone.com/whisky_basics/whisky_or_whiskey.html
    I'm a fan of The Dalmore

WValtakis likes this.
  12. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
  13. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Laphroaig of course. The wombat drank all my Ardbeg.

[​IMG]

ShannonSteelLabs, Mongo and Rykjeklut like this.
  14. ShannonSteelLabs

Sep 9, 2015
    I have yet to try Laphroaig.