The whole family, until tomorrow... ;]

20180407_141324.jpg

Hey Guys! ^_^

Left to right:

1) The Morakniv Companion
2) The Buck 110 Hunter
3) The Victorinox Adventurer
4) The Victorinox Explorer

Tomorrow we get our newest EDCs, the Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K and The Buck 112 Ranger. Super jazzed.

How's everybody doing today? What's in your collection? ^_~

~ Sparkly

20180407_141324.jpg

Hey Guys! ^_^

Left to right:

2) The Buck 110 Hunter

Tomorrow we get our newest EDCs, the Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K and The Buck 112 Ranger. Super jazzed.

~ Sparkly

Great little collection you have going there.

The Emerson cqc6k is an absolute favourite of mine. I have the cqc7k which is the same knife with a different blade. You are going to love this knife.

Just be sure you understand what the wave feature is on the spine of your cqc6k or you might frighten people around you as your knife automatically opens as you take it out of your pocket. To prevent this from happening put a finger over the spine of your cqc6k as you withdraw the knife from your pocket.

You could also practice waving the knife so that way you can be proficient at using the wave when you want to and not using it by accident when you don’t want to.

That little hook on the spine is the wave.
KA3CtC4.jpg

Here is a video tutorial.

Enjoy your knife!

Great little collection you have going there.

The Emerson cqc6k is an absolute favourite of mine. I have the cqc7k which is the same knife with a different blade. You are going to love this knife.

Just be sure you understand what the wave feature is on the spine of your cqc6k or you might frighten people around you as your knife automatically opens as you take it out of your pocket. To prevent this from happening put a finger over the spine of your cqc6k as you withdraw the knife from your pocket.

You could also practice waving the knife so that way you can be proficient at using the wave when you want to and not using it by accident when you don’t want to.

That little hook on the spine is the wave.
KA3CtC4.jpg

Here is a video tutorial.

Enjoy your knife!
Hey thanks for the info Lapedog! Definitely good thoughts to think about. ^_^

20180407_141324.jpg

Hey Guys! ^_^

Left to right:

2) The Buck 110 Hunter

~ Sparkly

Nice family photo you got there.

The Mora has its eyes closed though.

20180407_141324.jpg

Hey Guys! ^_^

Left to right:

2) The Buck 110 Hunter

~ Sparkly
Oh dang, you scared me for a second, I thought you were breaking up with your BF (yes I saw the first post lol). It’s always good to see the first addition to a nice family. I approve of both of your choices, although I thought you were getting a Cryo II? I’m a knife snob, and essentially dipped into the hobby with 180$ on the CS recon 1 family. Do you think that you can recommend any of your collection for those who want to get into the hobby? I have friends who I want to get into it as well, but my ego can kind of get in the way TBH...
Edit: some of them are female and want female pocket friendliness lol

Welcome to BF SparklyG!

The 112 is a pretty cool knife. My son has one, gifted from my dad. I’d be more jealous if he haden’t given me a 110 nearly 40 years ago. ;) I still have the knife. I haven’t carried it for maybe 15 years, but dang, the thing has seen tons of use over it’s lifetime.

Last edited:
Indeed a fine start, all good knives. A great thing about red Swiss Army Knives (often abbreviated SAK around here) is that they don’t alarm people nearly as much as most modern folders do. Another three great things are their high utility, high quality, and amazing value for their cost. I’ve carried one daily for 45 years.

Edited to add: your profile says you’re in Denver. A visit to the Spyderco Factory Outlet in Golden is de rigeur. I go there whenever I visit the front range (I lived there for 22 years).

Last edited:
With the EDC rotation I have, my family photo would include a lot of extended relatives.

Back