The Wonderous Wharncliffe

IMG_1671.jpg

just what i need

IMAG0212.jpg

not that im not happy with this two

Wharncliffes suck!

(because I don't have more).......
IMG_0868.jpg

My favorite knife is a wharncliffe, not a traditional, but I designed it so it works for me. Plus, it is usually paired with a slipjoint, often one with a wharncliffe-esque blade.
IMG_1302.jpg

Plus it is nice to be able to take a slipjoint with a broken clip master blade and turn it into a wharncliffe.
1cfd9edc.jpg

I like making them too (my first was a wharncliffe):
IMG_0152.jpg

ef3a09ae.jpg

cakeknife.jpg

This one was an AG Russell offering:

IMG_1604.jpg

Top Knife is an AG Russell Funny Folder:

IMG_1656.jpg

Buck and AG R. Collab Canoe Build Out:

IMG_1203-1.jpg

Queen Dan Burke Barlow:

IMG_1461.jpg

Buck 701/Broken clip/broken spring/ salvage knife:

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

I think almost everyone's got one of these now ;) :

IMG_1947.jpg

I like 'em...

Last edited:
Indeed - one of the most useful blade designs I have used -

My wonderful J.D. Ellis Wharncliffe - yea - it is something special from a very good friend.

DSC_4414.JPG

best

mqqn

I took that one with my phone. Knife is packed away, but I'll try and dig it out tomorrow for you.

I took that one with my phone. Knife is packed away, but I'll try and dig it out tomorrow for you.

Oh no, if I have to make you go out of your way for a few pics, don't worry about it; I despise being a burden to others!!!

I only have these two very humble modified wharnies (if you can even call them wharnie shaped blades after seeing the gorgeous ones here). They are number 12 Opis cut down with a Dremel.
I hesitate to show them in such esteemed knife company in this thread. Almost cringe worthy, but the Opis are mine and they do perfectly good duty as box cutters and what ever menial tasks, they are called upon to perform.
In fact, they perform well above and beyond the call of duty. Im pleasently surprised about how versatile they are.

EDIT In fact the shape might be more of a Sheepfoot shape?
If so, please delete my post, if not deemed to be Wharnies.
Ill have to go cut down an Opi in a more radical Wharnie shape than the Opis here:eek::D
As good excuse as any other to make yet another Opi mod:thumbup:

Opi3.jpg

Opi2.jpg

Opi4.jpg

Last edited:
Eisman, that Coats and the Ohta are exceptionally fine Wharncliffes. I particularly like them because they are long and match the handle length, this is how it should be in my opinion.

Regards, Will

Oh god, what a beauty...I've always wanted one, how do you like it?

Thank you for the compliment, DeadFall27. It is by far my favorite Case knife and one of my favorite knives overall. Can't say enough good things about it.

These wharncliffe threads invariably cost me money :D the last one was responsible for my Kershaw Double Cross, Queen Dan Burke Barlow, Tidioute #25 single blade jack and also a Bulldog/GEC EO sheepsfoot, I'm back looking at AGR Pinched Peanuts and my bank balance...

Back