The Wonderous Wharncliffe

This is one I picked up rom E.L. "Gene" Iverson, he makes an exquisite folder.

attachment.php

Eisman the Davison in Westinghouse is one of my all time favorite knives, I was SUPER jealous when it was snagged. Knife envy is a terrible thing ;) :D Here are a couple more that have moved on to other homes.

Dowell

Photo1-12.jpg

2009 Forum Knife

Photo1-4.jpg

Queen

a71d1f18.jpg

Case

4eeedafc.jpg

Nathan

I really like wharnies... though I have just one right now. The "swung" in at the back of the blade and the blade-down-tip make is a really classy looking blade. Maybe I gonna give a try on an Opinel mod with a wharncliffe, when I find time for doing that job ;)

Kind regards
Andi

While I like both wharncliffe and sheepsfoot blades, I like a wharncliffe a smide better.
IMG_0282.jpg

Well done!! Though I would say that it is more of a sheepsfoot, I very impressed! When my grandpa gave me his mangled mess of an Opinel No.8, I considered doing this, but I went with a drop point to make it a bushcrafter instead :D
I just need to stop putting such fragile edges on mine though, I keep rolling the edge really badly on things that I would consider normal...ah well, you live an you learn!

Any reason why you cut them down?

Can you hold a bank balance in your hand?

~ P.

LOL, nope! But I can't hold my son's school tuition in hand either... :( I'm gonna find a way, that knife has been on my wish list since I first saw it last year. Hmmm, Father's Day is coming up, maybe a couple of hints will do it, and I left the page up on the computer last night, and the paper catalog is open to it in our bedroom (and I circled the Peanut) :D

Who me. Wharncliffs?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DSCN0953_866.jpg

KHBlade2011.jpg

CTBSJ.jpg

BaileyWh3.jpg

BillDWhit2.jpg

Joel15.jpg

JSWhit2.jpg

DH90.jpg

Tony.jpg

Open.jpg

JackTDOpen.jpg

DSCN0330_295.jpg

Bastid, that is a spread befitting a King!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Lots of real gems thru out this thread...I just had to bookmark this one for later viewing

Ryuichi Kawamura
img049.jpg

New York Knife Co Swayback
nykco-swayback-jack.jpg

Case SwayBack Gent and Norfolk
case-bose-ying-yang.jpg

Case Swayback Jack
img400.jpg

"Every Day Kerry" Case Swayback Jack
img372.jpg

Schatt & Morgan
IMG_7504.jpg