The Wonderous Whittler

45058400714_ac14239ab7_b.jpg

45058402084_fd385f3d43_b.jpg

You have a way with a camera Gev. I don't know how many times I've seen a photo of one of your knives -- a cracked, worn, beat-up old thing that I would pass up at a flea market with nary a second glance -- and think "wow, I want that!"

You have a way with a camera Gev. I don't know how many times I've seen a photo of one of your knives -- a cracked, worn, beat-up old thing that I would pass up at a flea market with nary a second glance -- and think "wow, I want that!"
Lol Christian...Thanks for the fine compliment and the smile !!

BTW, that lovely, old, well-photographed relic Redbone is a 6308 1/2 by Case's designation.:)

BTW, that lovely, old, well-photographed relic Redbone is a 6308 1/2 by Case's designation.:)
Thank you, Sir !! The more I handle it the more I love it :D I see why Fred carried this knife for so many years ! I will continue in his footsteps

I concur

Marvelous Charlie !! What a gem :eek: !! Thank you as I was wondering what the main blade would have looked like :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: All mine still have snap and not an inkling of wobble ;)
The "Baby" has very firm snap all around, and smoooooth rolls through the walks!!
I can see such a knife lasting a long, satisfying time. From Case's good days for sure!!
Nice to see the starting point as well as the results of long use, of a well-made and a well-cared for knife!! Maybe they were made on the same day, Gev!!:cool:

The "Baby" has very firm snap all around, and smoooooth rolls through the walks!!
I can see such a knife lasting a long, satisfying time. From Case's good days for sure!!
Nice to see the starting point as well as the results of long use, of a well-made and a well-cared for knife!! Maybe they were made on the same day, Gev!!:cool:
I am surprised by this knife and its fine construction ! The same day....Something really neat to ponder indeed :cool:

Another well-smoothed veteran, Gev! Very mellow-looking!!

This little Cattaraugus whittler came my way just recently, along with a pearl knife seen elsewhere, from an old Buffalo company. This one has salesman's ink on it, and is very close to being a miniature!!! Shown with my 3 1/2" Barlow for comparison.
While structured like a whittler, it is obviously too small to do serious work, but for special occasions it is just right!!
Catt must have had small-handed cutlers to make these knives!!!:D
Catt small whittler coral 1.jpg Catt small whittler coral 2.jpg Catt small whittler coral 3.jpg

(Shown with real Italian Coral beads - much nicer than Pantone's Color of the Year IMO!! Mediterranean red coral 'Corallium rubrum'. Red coral is a stunning blood-red color. ... Since as far back as the 5th century BC people have been using pink and red corals to ward off danger, protect from the evil eye, decorate their battle spears, bring financial prosperity and cure infertility. )

Last edited:
Back