The Wonderous Whittler

Thanks guys for your nice comments and likes on my HSB stag Whittler—much appreciated! I love this thread and thanks Gev for launching it. Also, thanks for the continuimg stream of beautiful Whittlers my friends!!

A Miller Brothers (1863-1926 per Goins) Swell Center ballon Whittler with Ivory handles. 3.25 inches closed.View attachment 1070551 View attachment 1070550 View attachment 1070549 View attachment 1070548 View attachment 1070547

Knife heaven !! unbelievable really...wow :eek:
Cargill Cripple Creek club knife with 1988 etched on the main and 1987 stamped on the pen's tang.

0VxFja9.jpg

That is Cripple Creek gold, Jeff !! What a find :p

C

This is a 2002 Case Wharncliffe (Seahorse). I think they did a great job on these; beside being a nice, functional pattern, this one harks back to the 50s-60s Redbones!! The only improvement would be making it in Carbon steel, IMO!
SeahorseCase.jpg
Here are a few more! One of Case's greatest patterns!! Seahorses to sell 1.jpg Seahorses3.jpg

This is a 2002 Case Wharncliffe (Seahorse). I think they did a great job on these; beside being a nice, functional pattern, this one harks back to the 50s-60s Redbones!! The only improvement would be making it in Carbon steel, IMO!
View attachment 1070869
Here are a few more! One of Case's greatest patterns!! View attachment 1070871 View attachment 1070872
Some marvelous specimens, Charlie....wow !!! I love the pattern !

A very svelte pattern the Seahorse :cool: Some particularly attractive examples waynorth waynorth fine stuff Charlie! I gave my one example away when Bob, Big Biscuit died, to fund his grandson.

Thanks, Will

Well done indeed, Sir !!!

Man o man what a knife !

Seems that over the years their heads have grown :D
View attachment 1071206

That one is gorgeous too !!!

Thanks for sharing Gents :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Definitely some beautiful 'horses there:)

Somehow the seahorse pattern just didn't grow on me, even with the gorgeous vintage stag one that @Gary W. Graley should get some new pics of;)

Maybe I need to give the pattern another try with a nice user that I won't feel bad thinning the blades on.

~Chip

Back