The Woodsman now going 420 SS

I need a special decoder ring to decifer your last couple of posts. lol

No just watch the expanse, it’s pidgin creole, if that helps! I was binge watching and had a fifth of bourbon and half of vodka... And I ended up comparing the woodsman in 5160 to the bk20, very favorable to the woodsman!

For full tang saber grinds, OKC is a little light on those in 5160.

I'll find out in a few days some one has the older Woodsman in stock and physically checked their stock or the little sis gets a new SS kitchen knife.

EDITICUS: Still on its way very slowly it seems. I'll let ya'll know if its one of the few 5160s ones still our there or my little sis gets the kitchen knife type she's been always "Borrowing" from me.

Last edited:
For full tang saber grinds, OKC is a little light on those in 5160.

I'll find out in a few days some one has the older Woodsman in stock and physically checked their stock or the little sis gets a new SS kitchen knife.

EDITICUS: Still on its way very slowly it seems. I'll let ya'll know if its one of the few 5160s ones still our there or my little sis gets the kitchen knife type she's been always "Borrowing" from me.

They don’t have any full tang saber grind knives except for the ranger rak, and that’s 1095, do they?

Got 2 already. But they never were available during some one's sale so I don't got more. :D

I keep the spike on them for winter ice and other "Tacti-Bushy-Wooshie!" stuff, next will get its spike bobbed.

EDICUS:
How could I forget that the RD TANTO makes a great middling saber grind great heavy use one it is. It can do bushy stuff goodly enough with its standard RD choil. Its full tang not skeletonly like the BK2 I've noticed.

If this in coming woodsman is 5160 I'll have two that can survive a lot of various uses. If not sis got a new kitchen knife she not have to worry to much about rust.

Last edited:
Got 2 already. But they never were available during some one's sale so I don't got more. :D

I keep the spike on them for winter ice and other "Tacti-Bushy-Wooshie!" stuff, next will get its spike bobbed.

EDICUS:
How could I forget that the RD TANTO makes a great middling saber grind great heavy use one it is. It can do bushy stuff goodly enough with its standard RD choil. Its full tang not skeletonly like the BK2 I've noticed.

If this in coming woodsman is 5160 I'll have two that can survive a lot of various uses. If not sis got a new kitchen knife she not have to worry to much about rust.

So the rd tanto is the only 5160 Sabre ground and full tang knife currently made by Ontario?

I would love a full tang sp51 with micarta handles

Me too, and as far as I’m concerned they could add a few inches to the blade. It would be very heavy but worth carrying imo. But I think they aren’t ordering any more 5160 for new models, unfortunately, from what tooj has been saying.

Me too, and as far as I’m concerned they could add a few inches to the blade. It would be very heavy but worth carrying imo. But I think they aren’t ordering any more 5160 for new models, unfortunately, from what tooj has been saying.

That’s too bad the 5160 was great stuff

That's why I got an RD Tanto to pair with the 420 SS Woodsman last time I got one.

And its... 420SS...
Glad I never hinted in a very easy to solve cryptic manner where it was from? :D

So...what to do with it...test it like how I handle the SP-51 or the 5160 Woodsman, let sis steal it, or I got another water adventure camp beater knife.

Reason I'm thinking like that for a knife is I got 3 of them now, two in 420 SS and the 5160 one. I could play modding the handles and such or some thing...decisions decisions...

And its... 420SS...
Glad I never hinted in a very easy to solve cryptic manner where it was from? :D

So...what to do with it...test it like how I handle the SP-51 or the 5160 Woodsman, let sis steal it, or I got another water adventure camp beater knife.

I thought you were gonna send it back? Well, if you keep it let us know how it chops and cuts. I’m waiting to see who chops down a large hardwood tree and then slices tomatos first—you or revolverrodger?

No I said its probably going to be "Stolen" by my little sister mostly...well one of the 420 SS...

I got the knife knowing it probably might be a 420 HC SS knife, tis big critter cutting season soon, its some thing that a non coated blood rust resistant thing can come in handy...

Or I just might thrash it like how I use my bigger blades to test its limits. I think light to medium duty for SS blades is most how far I use them. Next trip to the farmstead might tell...

No I said its probably going to be "Stolen" by my little sister mostly...well one of the 420 SS...

I got the knife knowing it probably might be a 420 HC SS knife, tis big critter cutting season soon, its some thing that a non coated blood rust resistant thing can come in handy...

Or I just might thrash it like how I use my bigger blades to test its limits. I think light to medium duty for SS blades is most how far I use them. Next trip to the farmstead might tell...

Why not just gift it to her? Or Is she still into Barbies or whatever kids are into these days, and would take umbrage?

Last edited:
Cuz its funner that way. Doing things what your not suppose to do even if you know that it was meant to take what was left for you. And its a good way to find out if its really wanted or just plopped back in your car after the visit. See simple! :D If SS is ok with her I'll find out some how.

Oh packing oil...guess I better clean it with some alcohol.

So how does the handle handle so far? I put athletic tape on my 5160 Woodsman when I was Tactitesting it! The other handles seem a bit more "grippyier" than my first one. Guess they read about the slickery handle ones.

So how does the handle handle so far? I put athletic tape on my 5160 Woodsman when I was Tactitesting it! The other handles seem a bit more "grippyier" than my first one. Guess they read about the slickery handle ones.

I took a file and added some grip to the handle... much better now

I’d like to see your results with the 420 version. Honestly after mine arrived I tossed it back in the box. I was disappointed it wasn’t 5160.

Back