1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The World of Midtechs

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sfknifeguy, Mar 22, 2019.

1. sfknifeguy

sfknifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Hello all,

I am trying to educate myself on everything that is out there. I've got a decent collection going, but I haven't quite really broken into the world of Midtechs. I know that Midtechs are somewhat hard to define and whatnot, but I'd love to be turned onto some brands and makers of them that I'm not familiar with.

I picked up a customized Olamic Wayfarer 247 from another member here recently as my first midtech style knife, and while I do like it, I'd also like to see what else is out there. That being said, midtechs and/or high end production knives have kinda been on my radar lately. I'm familiar with John Graham Knives, Millit Knives, Grimsmo Knives, CRK, ADV, and a couple more makers. What else is there out there that I might be missing out on? Thanks!

2. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Following as I'm looking to jump in too....

3. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    Southard, Curtiss, McGinnis (McGinnis Pro Line Mini Exo runs around $550, iirc), and many more out there to check out. Those three each have options under $700, iirc

4. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Just saw Knifejoy mention something about the Koenig Mini Goblin coming back into stock here very soon, mannnnnnn, I might pull the trigger on one of those, super super nice looking knife.

5. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Awesome, thanks so much!

6. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Shirogorov, Koenig, Brian Nadeau, Spartan, Thornburn, CKF to name a few

7. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Holt blade works

Cox workshop

8. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Really really interested in the Koenig Mini Goblin coming soon! I'll be sure to check out these others as well.

9. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    I would kill for a Holt Spectre man, haven't seen one of those go up for sale during my time here yet.

ErocSD likes this.
  10. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Think I've heard them go up on reddit. Don't quote me though.

Get on there list and you can sign up for the lotteries to buy one. They only get sold 2nd hand for more than they are new from manufacturer. So your best bet is to get them new.

11. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    CRK isn't really a mid-tech they're full production knives

BBW likes this.
  12. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
  13. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Right, I did sort of mention towards the end of the post that I was interested in Midtechs and/or high end production knives. Sorry for the miscommunication.

BBW likes this.
  14. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Mo2 likes this.
  15. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    No miscommunication, I jus don't reed gud

:eek:

BBW likes this.
  16. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Good looking out, thanks man! I will be signing up every week for their lottery until I get my hands on one haha

Mo2 likes this.
  17. Crimson Cloud

Crimson Cloud Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2018
    +1 on Spartan Bladeworks. Lionsteel and Darrel Ralph are worth a look, too.

18. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    In case anyone is wondering, I've had a look at all of these makers, and I think I have decided to on picking up a Koenig Mini Goblin once they hit the dealers here soon. That knife just looks like perfection to me!

Crimson Cloud likes this.
  19. sfknifeguy

Feb 14, 2019
    Spartan Bladework's Kranos model with bronze anodization is DAMN good looking!

Crimson Cloud likes this.
  20. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I have a strong need for a Koenig Arius. But will probably never actually get one.