The World of Midtechs

sfknifeguy

Gold Member
Hello all,

I am trying to educate myself on everything that is out there. I've got a decent collection going, but I haven't quite really broken into the world of Midtechs. I know that Midtechs are somewhat hard to define and whatnot, but I'd love to be turned onto some brands and makers of them that I'm not familiar with.

I picked up a customized Olamic Wayfarer 247 from another member here recently as my first midtech style knife, and while I do like it, I'd also like to see what else is out there. That being said, midtechs and/or high end production knives have kinda been on my radar lately. I'm familiar with John Graham Knives, Millit Knives, Grimsmo Knives, CRK, ADV, and a couple more makers. What else is there out there that I might be missing out on? Thanks!

Southard, Curtiss, McGinnis (McGinnis Pro Line Mini Exo runs around $550, iirc), and many more out there to check out. Those three each have options under $700, iirc

Following as I'm looking to jump in too....
Just saw Knifejoy mention something about the Koenig Mini Goblin coming back into stock here very soon, mannnnnnn, I might pull the trigger on one of those, super super nice looking knife.

I would kill for a Holt Spectre man, haven't seen one of those go up for sale during my time here yet.
Think I've heard them go up on reddit. Don't quote me though.

Get on there list and you can sign up for the lotteries to buy one. They only get sold 2nd hand for more than they are new from manufacturer. So your best bet is to get them new.

Hello all,

I am trying to educate myself on everything that is out there. I've got a decent collection going, but I haven't quite really broken into the world of Midtechs. I know that Midtechs are somewhat hard to define and whatnot, but I'd love to be turned onto some brands and makers of them that I'm not familiar with.

I picked up a customized Olamic Wayfarer 247 from another member here recently as my first midtech style knife, and while I do like it, I'd also like to see what else is out there. That being said, midtechs and/or high end production knives have kinda been on my radar lately. I'm familiar with John Graham Knives, Millit Knives, Grimsmo Knives, CRK, ADV, and a couple more makers. What else is there out there that I might be missing out on? Thanks!

CRK isn't really a mid-tech they're full production knives

Reactions: BBW
Think I've heard them go up on reddit. Don't quote me though.

Get on there list and you can sign up for the lotteries to buy one. They only get sold 2nd hand for more than they are new from manufacturer. So your best bet is to get them new.
Good looking out, thanks man! I will be signing up every week for their lottery until I get my hands on one haha

Reactions: Mo2
In case anyone is wondering, I've had a look at all of these makers, and I think I have decided to on picking up a Koenig Mini Goblin once they hit the dealers here soon. That knife just looks like perfection to me!

I have a strong need for a Koenig Arius. But will probably never actually get one.

Back