The World's Most Dangerous Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you feel about the people putting the video up on YouTube? I probably never would have known about you if not watching them, and I'm probably going to wind up buying a few more of your movies/books. It's not everyday you find journalism like this.

Damn RYP, you have one of the most interesting jobs, if it can be called that, that I've ever seen

I just finished watching the first documentary. I'm very impressed. Wouldn't wanna go on vacation with you, though.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing what you do, RYP. You make all other journalism look bad by comparison!

Who broadcasts this besides YouTube? I wish Discovery network televised this type of program.

What channel were these shows originally aired on?

Anyways, thanks for posting them:thumbup:

Great stuff Robert!!! Seeing your adventures on video really puts it into a whole new perspective.

I liked your book a lot and keep meaning to check what edition I actually read vs the current. Have pondered a motorcycle trip from the states to Ushuaia a few times and it was on my reading list among several others.

For fans of books like this and who might want to read about a trip that went wrong, I highly recommend Two Wheels Through Terror. It will give you a good bit of thinking material if you are pondering 'adventure travel'. It is pretty much exactly why World's Most Dangerous Places exists in print...to save you from yourself.

It sucks that you are getting bootlegged, but those vids were amazing. Such an interesting life you have. Stay safe man.

Bootlegging is just a more efficient form of distribution :). Its all fun and games until a little man with a briefcase full of sharp knives arrives from the MR DP Copyright Protection and Organ Donor Division" knocks on your door and starts the bleeding out process. Some T-shirt guy tried to steal Mr. DP. That lasted about a day. But its kind of fun to see them on YouTube.

Mr Pelton,

Before the HEST, what did you take to the field with you, Knives, tools, survival Kit?

Bootlegging is just a more efficient form of distribution :). Its all fun and games until a little man with a briefcase full of sharp knives arrives from the MR DP Copyright Protection and Organ Donor Division" knocks on your door and starts the bleeding out process. Some T-shirt guy tried to steal Mr. DP. That lasted about a day. But its kind of fun to see them on YouTube.

Maybe that little man with the breifcase alrady contacted this guy...looks like he's only got the first 12-13 minutes of each video up now. I went to watch the second on just now and there's only the "teaser" vid!:D

Mr Pelton, you do and always will have my up most respect, amazing work my friend. Be well and stay safe.

-Tim

Mr. Pelton,
Thank you for sharing your videos. In the segment where you and your team were just about to be Kidnapped, you show a rather long shot of an Ant on a vine. Could that possibly be the Isula that our beloved IZULA was named after. It sure looked like an Ant that could take good care of itself.

Thank you again for sharing and dedicating yourself to hardcore journalism.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0304/q_n_a.html said:
"Would you go back?"

RYP said:
"The AUC tells me that if any Americans want to hike the Darién Gap, they should just e-mail them.... "

Ha!!!

Last edited:
Any news on a new edition of the book?

My 2003 copy has been everywhere I've been since I bought it, and it's starting to look and smell as bad as its owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back