Benchmade Their newest addition the 1500-181

It's basically a joke. Knives are bigger than that and cost less. There gold class finishing is like going to the car dealership and over charging for everything from labor to parts. Then tack on that crazy map pricing. And still gold classes see qc issues.

But hey if someone's brave enough to buy one why not take advantage of them.

What waste of money ; anyone who likes to piss money away like that should send it to me instead,I can find a much better use for 850.....

It's funny because I have a number of high-end cigar accessories in my collection including Davidoff and St DuPont lighters, limited edition Opus X V-cutters, etc. and I would never consider spending that kind of coin on a cutter regardless of the blade steel. It would literally have to be completely gilded and covered with precious stones. LOL. Only the lighters are in the $600-1,000 range and they are coated in precious metals/lacquers and have high resale value. I'm thinking this Benchmade offering has missed the mark by a LARGE margin. I don't know what they were thinking.

As someone said in the other thread from the Benchmade forums...

This isn't a moneymaker or something designed for normal smokers. This is a limited run collectors item. If you think the price is ridiculous, then you clearly aren't part of the small target audience.

I suppose there is a market out there for people who collect high end and unusual cutters, if there is they almost certainly wont have one like this. I think.

Just put order in for one. My cat gets nothing but the best. this will be great for the groomer to clip his claws with. I would have paid way more than the asking price. it will match his sapphire encrusted collar perfectly!! Way excited to get this!!

Just put order in for one. My cat gets nothing but the best. this will be great for the groomer to clip his claws with. I would have paid way more than the asking price. it will match his sapphire encrusted collar perfectly!! Way excited to get this!!

But does your cat care? If he's like cats I know he cares nothing about you either.

My cigar cutters are in the $20-$30 range, but, then my cigars are in the $10-$20 range. If I smoked $30-$50 cigars, I might be willing to spend the $85 for that cutter. You did mean $85 right. :confused: The $850 was surely a mistake. ;)

As someone said in the other thread from the Benchmade forums...

This isn't a moneymaker or something designed for normal smokers. This is a limited run collectors item. If you think the price is ridiculous, then you clearly aren't part of the small target audience.
$850 for not even 3 inches of 0.09 S90V and Carbon Fiber is ridiculous. End of story.

Back