There's A New Outlaw In Town!!!. . . NFNO Coming Wednesday, February 6, 2019. . . 9:00pm Eastern !!!

Very Sharp, that sounds really good.
The Natural Outlaw is just a beautiful Busse to begin with ya know?
Can you elaborate on the differences between the handles? Of the SFNO BG and NFNO
Thanx!

Elaborate as in which do I like best?

So, I've now got three NO type blades: BGSFNO, NMSFNO, NFNO. Of the three.... I'd probably have to say I like the NMSFNO grip the best. It seems more contoured and textured than the other two. Very grippy. Second? That's a slightly harder call. I THINK second would be the BGSFNO; however, I'm not sure that is because it feels better than the NFNO grip, or just that it is bigger, and needs to be, because of that quarter-inch hunk of steel out front of the grip. I can say that I'm pretty certain if the NFNO was the same length and thickness as the BGSFNO, or the NMSFNO, that the nano-fusion grip would be completely overwhelmed by the blade. As it stands, the NFNO feels substantially lighter than the BGSFNO (as you would expect, being both thinner and shorter), and the nano-fusion works for it.

Obviously, seeing as how the BGSFNO kydex is serviceable for the NFNO, the thickness and shape of the grip area at the tang of the NFNO is essentially identical. The overall grip just tapers more toward the butt of the knife, and cranks down more, than the SFNO grips. Both the SFNO blades are straighter-handled. For something that is long enough that it is going to spend 90+% of its life as a dedicated chopper, the fusion grips are ideally shaped. For a blade that is short enough that it may find itself used in more ways, not spending even a majority of its life as a chopper, a straighter handle is better, IMO. Which would lead me toward wishing this particular Natural Outlaw had a grip area more like the (BG and NM) SFNO. However, I have played around with the NFNO a bit, and it works reasonably well in an edge-up grip. I think that is because of how much it tapers toward the butt. By doing that, as well as being plenty roomy, lengthwise, for my hand, the drop doesn't seem to preclude using it in an edge-up grip.

All that being said, the NFNO is what it is. A Natural Outlaw with a (nano-) fusion handle. It works just fine as it is, and will be, as I've said above, beaten mercilessly. OK, maybe not beaten. But used well. I like it.

^ Thanks dogboye. If I understand correctly, you like the NFNO but prefer the straighter Special Forces handle over the Nano Fusion handle on a mid-sized knife. Is this due to the grip feel or angle of the NF handle?

^ Thanks dogboye. If I understand correctly, you like the NFNO but prefer the straighter Special Forces handle over the Nano Fusion handle on a mid-sized knife. Is this due to the grip feel or angle of the NF handle?
Yeah.... that pretty much boils it down to a simpler statement. :D
For mid-size knives (like the NFSH), for me, the Nano Fusion is just a little too small. Even though I have small-medium (glove-size) hands, for something as long as the NFSH (which I think is only an inch and a quarter, maybe half, longer, and same thickness), the Nano Fusion just doesn't quite seem like enough to hold onto. For the NFNO, it does feel like it allows enough control.

Grip angle: the larger you go in blade size, the better the Fusion grip angle feels to me. But, if you put the Nano Fusion on a larger blade, then we're back to not feeling enough control, because the grip volume isn't enough. It needs more handle. More depth spine-to-edge direction. IMO. Conversely, because of the way the NFNO tapers toward the rear, for something like the NFNO, I believe it makes it easier to use edge-up than it would be with the Fusion handle. (Fusion=bigger Fusion, NF=smaller Fusion) The best I recall, I've tried the BGFSH edge up a time or two, and it was usable. But, I used the NFNO just yesterday edge up, and it was fine. Not as great as using the Special Forces handle edge up, but it was fine.

So, if it is a 7.5" to 8" blade, IMO it should be a straight-ish like a Special Forces handle. If it is 9+" blade, it needs to be a Fusion handle. If it is less than 7", the Nano Fusion is fine. Maybe even preferred over the Special Forces. MAYBE.

The exception being the BGFSH. Both the thick and thin just feel right with the Fusion grip. I believe both of those are 8 to 8.5 inch blades. So, I guess they're in the gray area.

Edited to amend: just tried them both again. Edge up, the Fusion on the BGFSH is usable, but not really good. Not comfortable. Nano Fusion on the NFNO: comfortable. I believe specifically because of the way it tapers. And maybe because it’s a little longer. So, IMO, NF definitely good in the NFNO.

Last edited:
:DWow! This hefty piece of Bacon was dropped off today by ups.
427CBC6E-62FB-4BD0-929D-4F92A5E89049_zpsok1hm9ii.jpeg

-
05226B2D-9D1F-4508-9523-0D163192A144_zpsofwelbq6.jpeg

-
Just for comparison:
BEF9A01D-4E8B-4189-B388-D585D5F46AB4_zpstsvw0lyw.jpeg

-
FC011A4A-D942-4063-B8DD-1838ED8CEEE7_zpsesqhhrty.jpeg

Jim, I sure haven't saw one yet.
Hopefully, we'll both get ours this week.
Man, those Hand Shaped G10 handles are gonna be sweet.

I doubt they shipped any of them yet as we haven't seen any here.

They are dragging compared to the others.

But I would rather them be done right than rushed for the money we paid for them.. NUKE and Hand Shaped.

I doubt they shipped any of them yet as we haven't seen any here.

They are dragging compared to the others.

But I would rather them be done right than rushed for the money we paid for them.. NUKE and Hand Shaped.

No doubt Jim. No doubt.
I'm thinking they will be gorgeous with the hand shaped g10 handles. Yeah, take the time to make them perfect by all means.

OK, something crazy going on -is it the lighting? the shadows? or is this some new crazy ass cross hatch? This looks completely new to me????

Got my BIG with black canvas in yesterday. I like this blade size on the nano handle. The Steelheart just felt like too much blade for the handle to me. Hope there is a Nano Fusion Badger Attack coming. Love the BIG finish.
m5qbWWD.jpg

yJEpKYf.jpg
Nice pic Ed!
That BIG finish is awesome.

Got my BIG with black canvas in yesterday. I like this blade size on the nano handle. The Steelheart just felt like too much blade for the handle to me. Hope there is a Nano Fusion Badger Attack coming. Love the BIG finish.
m5qbWWD.jpg

yJEpKYf.jpg

Great comparison picture, that one has helped me the most to get the nano handle in my head. Thank you and congrats on another beauty.

Hmmmm........BIG Satin 1st, DC 2nd, Hand Satin 3rd and Nukes last? Could it be?

Back