They don't make them like they used to...

dtmbinb

Gold Member
9WDV6k.jpg

ZY3iHe.jpg

EL3FVV.jpg

I love that the chamfer, on the edge of the Ti slab is concave (or at least that is how it appears). That’s different than anything that came afterward.

The limited grooves in the thumb stub are an amazing touch of quality and thoughtfulness! What a piece of history!

:eek:Grail knife! This knife is so special it doesn't even have the Idaho Made stamp on it. Truly one that i covet.!:eek:

Admit it, you just wanted to show it off. :p
Very nice example of the earlier days. Mine doesn't look anywhere as good as yours. Hope you plan on keeping it in virgin condition.

I wonder when Chris was coming up with this design if he ever thought in his wildest dreams of what it would become today. It's pretty crazy when you think about it.

That's how it is with guys who make something and are focused on the day to day issues of running a business... If CRK had stockpiled a bunch of big "P"'s and could EASILY get $1K + each, but that's not how it works,,,, in 199? they were trying to get one more out the door for the day to pay some bills! Those older CRK's are true works of functional art , as are the ones that left the factory today!

That's how it is with guys who make something and are focused on the day to day issues of running a business... If CRK had stockpiled a bunch of big "P"'s and could EASILY get $1K + each, but that's not how it works,,,, in 199? they were trying to get one more out the door for the day to pay some bills! Those older CRK's are true works of functional art , as are the ones that left the factory today!

I respectfully disagree. Big difference between Then and Now.

I can’t believe no one mentioned the classic pocket clip. What perfect lines. I traded for a few of them over the years.

Back