Thine Old Blade Returneth

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
What could it be?

My "old" saber 16 has returned to me. Gifted it to my son some time ago, and made a trade with him to get it back.

One of the signature series:

Even though the handle is still too small, haha, good to see the ol girl back.

What could it be?

My "old" saber 16 has returned to me. Gifted it to my son a few years back, and made a trade with him to get it back.

One of the signature series:

Even though the handle is still too small, haha, good to see the ol girl back.

Man, I'm jelly. I've been wanting a saber-ground 16 for years now. I've run across 1 or 2 over the years, but not at the price I was willing to pay. I was hoping @nutoknives would respond and tell me he's got one for me!

Man, I'm jelly. I've been wanting a saber-ground 16 for years now. I've run across 1 or 2 over the years, but not at the price I was willing to pay. I was hoping @nutoknives would respond and tell me he's got one for me!
They are hard to find, fo sho. I never even used this one. The marks on the blade are all from him. I may make the attempt at some custom handles.

No love for the saber 16? :D

What did you have to trade him for it?
I gave that 16 to my son, as the handle is too small for me, not too long after I got it. He bought me an ESEE 3 for Christmas one year. Nice knife, but I rarely used it. He was telling me a few weeks back that he thought about buying an ESEE 3 to carry with him. Of course, I had the one he bought me, so we traded. I threw in a Tek lok.

Third vote to mod the handles. :thumbsup:

Whatโ€™s better than getting a knife back thatโ€™s seen some action from your son? Thatโ€™s pretty cool. :)

And yeah, I need a saber 16 too. Elusive little blade. Lol

Third vote to mod the handles. :thumbsup:

Whatโ€™s better than getting a knife back thatโ€™s seen some action from your son? Thatโ€™s pretty cool. :)

Although the ffg may be slicier, it is my belief that the saber grind would have sold more blades. They made a few saber grinds, which it needed to be for the roll stamping, but very shortly after, KA-BAR acquired a laser engraver, so Ethan went with the ffg, which I believe he wanted to begin with. The saber grind looks more like a mini BK2.

No love for the saber 16? :D

I havent held it, so I can't love it. But I can LUST for just about anything, and I'm darn lusty over it. And yeah, I cant to see

It kills me that I didn't pick one up when Knifecenter found that batch of them in the warehouse and blew them out for like 60 bucks.

Although the ffg may be slicier, it is my belief that the saber grind would have sold more blades

Agreed. Based on absolutely no experience in the field, and no substantiated knowledge, I think that's about right.

It kills me that I didn't pick one up when Knifecenter found that batch of them in the warehouse and blew them out for like 60 bucks.
Should have jumped on that train myself.

That looks nice with the micarta, and stripped blade. :thumbsup:
Thanks, yours looks Great too :thumbsup: I was thinking for more hand room , I don't know if it would be enough for you but maybe instead of a larger handle how about carefully taking away some of the guard :) I've thought about it myself but my 4 fingers squeez in just fine :thumbsup:

Thanks, yours looks Great too :thumbsup: I was thinking for more hand room , I don't know if it would be enough for you but maybe instead of a larger handle how about carefully taking away some of the guard :) I've thought about it myself but my 4 fingers squeez in just fine :thumbsup:
I used to have a rendering I lost, where I narrowed the end of the tang, near the lanyard hole. I was thinking of doing that, then extending the handle beyond the lanyard hole, and put a tube in the end, for a new lanyard hole. Then pin and glue it. Perhaps a leather sheath would be in order as well. :thumbsup:

See if I can find that rendering...

I used to have a rendering I lost, where I narrowed the end of the tang, near the lanyard hole. I was thinking of doing that, then extending the handle beyond the lanyard hole, and put a tube in the end, for a new lanyard hole. Then pin and glue it. Perhaps a leather sheath would be in order as well. :thumbsup:

See if I can find that rendering...
Well, that wasn't hard to find. Here's a before and after:

Back