Things that just bug ya?

The sending is usually not the problem; it's the receiving that gets screwed up with paper that doesn't pull through the fax machine and so forth.

This is why it bugs me. What this does is create a situation where you cannot tell if the person is truthful about either sending or receiving the fax or if it was a paper problem, etc.
(IME, faxes are used for sensitive information that can not be emailed, e.g. HIPPA protected documents.)

So an example would the the health insurance company's saying that they did not receive a fax from the doctor and the doctor saying that they sent the fax. Whom do you believe, and how do you prove either one?

I think my fax machine works fine, but I can test it as you suggest (it's an old stand alone machine). Otherwise it works intermittently since most faxes go through correctly?:confused:

PROUDLY HOSTED ON PHOTOBUCKET banners on all their photos. Why would anyone accept that? It's not that they're discreetly tucked into a corner. They often obscure the nicest part of the image - like the entire blade of the knife. :confused:

Ray

I agree on the banner thing. I can see such a thing if you "steal" a photo. I don't believe you're stealing anything unless you try to or sell a particular photograph that you didn't take or have legal rights to.

I guess the question is "Is posting on line "publishing" a photo?"

For years I was totally against time & date stamps for the very reason you mention. I wouldn't use them even on work stuff. Work stuff is not art; it's for documentation purposes primarily. Now I have one point & shoot camera with the T&D tuned on for each image. My main DSLRs do not have this option which amazes me.

Last edited:
Went downtown yesterday, near Mass General. From behind we hear honking and sirens. All lanes are clogged with traffic, both sides. Eventually we see a fire truck and other emergency vehicles approaching.

Some drivers pulled closer to the curb and we, like others, went into the median area-- creating a gap for their passage.

Wouldn't you know...up that corridor come some crazy a$$ drivers cutting off the fire truck and eventually blocking the intersection and the truck's ability to turn left where it was headed.:mad:

Same day, my student tells me that on the way over to see me, a school bus cut off an ambulance in full siren mode. What's wrong with these people?

The use of a shock collar to eliminate the excessive barking behavior of a dog. I feel like there are other options that a dog owner can use to get rid of the unwanted sound. I just find it a bit cruel to use such a product.

Dogs bark. Cats try to kill birds if they go outside. Part of it. :D

The emergency vehicle thing really just amazes me. Sometimes I get so sad just seeing an ambulance cruising FAST as I know somebody is in bad shape and seconds could count on getting to a hospital.

Went downtown yesterday, near Mass General. From behind we hear honking and sirens. All lanes are clogged with traffic, both sides. Eventually we see a fire truck and other emergency vehicles approaching.

Some drivers pulled closer to the curb and we, like others, went into the median area-- creating a gap for their passage.

Wouldn't you know...up that corridor come some crazy a$$ drivers cutting off the fire truck and eventually blocking the intersection and the truck's ability to turn left where it was headed.:mad:

Same day, my student tells me that on the way over to see me, a school bus cut off an ambulance in full siren mode. What's wrong with these people?
What's wrong with these people? They are stupid and selfish, there is your answer!!!

As of late, my truck has been a magnet for cars to move into my lane on the freeway. I mean, what the hell? 5 this last week alone!
It's texting while driving except for 1 drunk I called in.

As of late, my truck has been a magnet for cars to move into my lane on the freeway. I mean, what the hell? 5 this last week alone!
This appears to be a new phenomenon, any one who sees any sort of space in a line of traffic just has to fill it. MORONS. I feel for you being a truck driver in this day and age. MORONS have no concept of the time it takes to stop a truck, they just go on their MORONIC ways, oblivious to what is happening around them.

This appears to be a new phenomenon, any one who sees any sort of space in a line of traffic just has to fill it. MORONS. I feel for you being a truck driver in this day and age. MORONS have no concept of the time it takes to stop a truck, they just go on their MORONIC ways, oblivious to what is happening around them.
It's a Silverado..Lol!
I see people also getting out of the double yellow diamond lanes too with their blinkers on. Ugh@!
And motorcycles splitting lanes. Sorry, I can't stand that because most in my area think they own the road and have attitudes.

It's a Silverado..Lol!
I see people also getting out of the double yellow diamond lanes too with their blinkers on. Ugh@!
And motorcycles splitting lanes. Sorry, I can't stand that because most in my area think they own the road and have attitudes.
Over here in Australia. blinkers are an additional extra when you buy a vehicleo_O because MORONS don't use them.:mad:

Yes, they are out there. A friend drove me to the dentist not too long ago--midday, not rush hour--and we had 3 "near death" experiences, same magnetic quality to our vehicle as yours, on city streets.

This same friend had someone plough into the side of his car last year when he was traveling straight on a main road (40-50 mph). Some unqualified driver exited a gas station and drove directly into the side of my friend's car. His driving credential: a Brazilian passport, where he is not of legal age to drive either. His excuse: "I thought I had time to go."

Same friend traveling northbound on major interstate notices a car screaming toward him (110-120 mph), traveling south on the northbound lane--straight at him. This friend, known for his impressive reflexes (tested and measured), swerved into an empty lane just before being crushed. In his rear view mirror, the kamikaze driver exits on the entrance ramp! He called that one into the cops, don't know what happened.

It's gotten so bad that the neighbor down the street won't even drive a few blocks any more--he's about 50 y/o--due to all the rouge driving.

Gotta have that 360 vision, instantaneous reflexes, and a lot of luck.

Over here in Australia. blinkers are an additional extra when you buy a vehicleo_O because MORONS don't use them.:mad:
Here, they have the blinkers-- and when/if they use them, it is signaling right from the right lane in order to turn left.

One of my favorites is the person who takes the wrong exit, and instead of getting off, turning around and trying again: they DO A U-TURN on the exit ramp against the flow of traffic.

Tennessee became a hands free state this summer (July). I get a kick out of one of the interstate signs that has said "turn signals were the first text message" or something like that. You get the idea.

I wonder if the person driving against traffic was "confused" or some sort of criminal running?

I asked the same thing about that driver. We don’t know, but the noteworthy things —besides speed and traveling into oncoming traffic— were his good control of the vehicle at high speed (no swerving or lane drift) and his unflinching aim at my friend’s car up to the last possible second.

I would think that if you're driving in the wrong direction lanes on a freeway, you would need to try to be very predictable in terms of your driving... stay in lane, no quick shifting between lanes if possible, and so forth. Can't say that I have practiced this "skill". I do remember pulling onto what turned out to be a one way street in downtown Dallas in the middle of the night (almost no traffic) and discovering my error.... quick drive to next street and turn. Embarrassing. No I wasn't drinking....

F796C5BC-07F0-4D47-91B8-0A6200C7FB24.jpeg

Can’t buy these or comparable anymore. Foreign-made textiles are mostly crap! This item lasted 30 years and looked better on its way out than the new stuff on its way in.

I know what you mean. Flannel shirts (mostly cotton) really get me..... you buy one at most places now and it shrinks up enough that you can't wear it in two or three washings. I did find one at Bass Pro (one shirt) that I bought to try out and it has proven not to shrink too much and is still wearable a year later. I want to go back and pick up a couple more of precisely the same shirt if they still sell them (different colors of course).

I suppose we export most of our cotton and product is made over seas and shipped back to us??

I looked up cotton... you know there are different kinds? There is also "organic" cotton that is hand picked. Amazing actually. Egyptian cotton... why in the hell can't we grow precisely the same cotton here?

Back